Will Roegge. The new Climb Dance. Pikes Peak/RMR Drift Car

So drift cars are good for more than just pavement!

But seriously, Rhys did say hill climb/rally setup is similar to drifting. Did it with his solstice. Food for thought.

oh yeah, and will roegge is getting too good at directing. incredible.

sick

He also did it with his GTO. That was fun to watch :rofl

I’m loving how this is becoming the new fad for all these teams making runs and videos. Not nearly as insane as the old GB stuff but still way cool. My kinda course and surface conditions :slight_smile:

There are some interestingly similar areas around here if you know where to look. :shifty

Video is taking off as a new media for amateurs to conquer, which is great!

will roegge is unbelievable with film

Will Roegge, Joshua Heron, and Squidd (Skylar smith) are probly the three best car videographers out there right now. Subscribe to their blogs. Nothing but awesome stuff

What I want to know is: Did he shoot it all in one run or combined the video over multiple runs?

If it was all only one run then he must have an entire staff working for him to shoot that and thousands of dollars worth of equipment, if it was multiple runs combined then it’s not exactly an accurate representation.

he has friend that shoot with him usually. Im pretty sure Will works with red bull too. Cause he has done videos of ever single red bull car now.

Will Roegge ftw - I <3 ASB + Drift Mech.

Its insane how they capture the sound like that.
The only thing I would change is to have Petter Solberg in his Sti on that track filmed by W.R. :tongue

10 cameras panning, at least 10 more just stationary, so that’s 20 cameras (outside the car, about 5 on the car) and 10 other people :wow

yeah, but redbull has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so 10 ppl would probably be no problem.

who knows.

those go pro hero cameras on the car were only like $249 each for the entire set up with the suction cup and all. I remember them blowing them out on zilvia

Hm, for some reason I was under the impression that the quality was higher then GoPro can achieve, but looking at it again it may be on par.

I own two sets of GoPro’s and they are good, but nowhere near HD quality.

OH maybe they are. I just know that almost all the formula D cars use GoPRo hero wide cameras for on/in car footage

From most I’ve seen lately, pro events use actual camera mounts for actual camcorders.

It provides much better quality, however in the areas where normal camcorder dares not go, they use the GoPro.