Wireless Electricity

Don’t think was posted yet, but its a good read:

http://tech.msn.com/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=17337626&gt1=40000

:tup: more cool shit for me to sell. Once it hits the market you can bet that I will have a nice freebie in my house.

I thought this was going to be a link about people stealing power by coiling wire under high voltage lines.

Yeah, Tesla did this like 100 years ago. He was building a huge tower in Colorado with federal funds. He was going to send power anywhere in the world through the atmosphere. It would have changed the world but for some reason he lost funding.:tinfoilhat:

It could also make him a billionaire. I hold my breath and cover my crotch. Soljacic flips the switch.

LOLOL

They are also developing a way to shoot energy down from satellites in order to have orbiting solar fields. They were able to beam energy from a station to a helicopter 60 miles away using microwaves (not what you cook your tv dinners in people). Things like this blow my mind.

The original wireless electricity is still my favorite.

http://painlesspcservice.com/assets/images/Lightening.jpg

they mentioned it in the article.

actually I first heard about the electric recharging “pad” on howard stern. someone must have seen it at CES. But the version that turns a tv on across the room…way cool.

this is awesome. how long before we have all our cars powered by electricity that is beamed to us via satellite?

Its not long now untill we just find an effective way to produce the power the world needs in a renewable form, and have it sent out to everyone.

I wonder how expensive it would be to have your house converted to 100% wireless power or how they would charge you for it

Nikola Tesla says REPOST.

:mamoru:

I believe you would still have to pay for the power being sent to your house…

it would probably cost a hell of a lot more… think of the national security problem there… or cloudy days

lol of course, but how would you monitor the amount of wireless “signal” your getting? it seems like it would be very hard to have this electricity flying around for the public to tab into and being able to monitor who is using what

Did you people read the same article? the electricity is still pumped into your house just like regular houses. Then a box in your room or basement would send it to your electric device. it would be similar to a cordless phone. You still pay for a hard line to the house. then its cordless inside the house

^
he was referring to the method paulo mentioned…beam electricity via satellite. But i think we are so far away from that as a consumer application, that the method of monitoring and payment isn’t even on the horizon.

they have to figure out a standard so we can charge our cellphones before we step up to full home power. That will be a really long time.

Super cool. I can’t help but feel in 20 years most houses will have some form of this, and in 35 years we’ll find out it gave us cancer.

great for portable devices and laptops etc, but kinda pointless for a TV or other objects that you don’t move around.

If they can make the poles outside move electricity wirelessly then power outages are a thing of the past.

I did a project on this last year… trust me… how to charge people for this technology was one of the first things on the list for the companies backing the projects… your house or vehicle or whatever you have would be equipped with a meter just like normal houses. this would be read and billed just like your electricity bill at home

[quote=BigEd88;1268824If they can make the poles outside move electricity wirelessly then power outages are a thing of the past.[/quote]

keep dreaming… more technology does not equal less problems… just different problems. You may not have lines down, but there will be new reasons for power outages.

we should just have power underground and not worry about power outtages due to the weather

and i saw somethign on discovery channel awhile back about sending power like that