WNY Failure V. Olympics

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-insidetherings&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cliffs-

Chick is from Fredonia, talks shit on opponent, opens mouth, inserts foot, settles for silver

Sounds like an average American.

from the article:

Big poles and big mouths don’t go together.

What the gay is wrong with JOHN LEICESTER?

its only, you have to realize that pole vault is probably the most sexually inappropriate field event when you look at it…lol

hi, I run with a big long pole into a “box”, i stand my pole high up into the box, bend it around a bit try to get up past that “bar” and then finally collapse onto a nice comfy pad after my pole drops…

yup.

Meh, shit talking is part of the game. Phelps was talking about how some country was talking shit to him and he just uses it as motivation. I guess he can turn around and smack them with his 8 medals now.

Kick some russian butt? That sounds confident. Good for her getting a silver.

That’s not even that bad. Looks like someone was trying to hype up the situation to more than what it was.

It was her first Olympics and her first medal, “I couldn’t ask for anything more,” she said.

what a fucking idiot.

I don’t think I would talk any trash to the greatest women’s pole vaulter of all time who has set 24 World Records.

“She must respect me and … know her position,” she said.

That should motivate the American for the next 4 years

Also looks like we got bronze in crew

http://www.buffalonews.com/291/story/417374.html

I think that kid was a year behind me at CHS

Yeah, she’s 2nd best in the world. What a failure.

:picard:

When was the last time you could claim you were in the top 2 of anything on an international scale?

im not even going to read the article. what jay said is exactly right and it sounds like a bunch of media hype over a foolish comment.

This is the internet. Why compete when you can just as easily criticize. Was the trash talking stupid? Yes. When it comes to competition though, how often is there trash talk?

And it was the French relay team that talked shit about the American relay team.

I think trash talking is reserved for some sports (streetball lol) but not the olympics. Just shut your mouth and let your play do the talking.

When someone on here earns a silver or better for something other than internet douchebaggery in an international competition then they can talk. :wink:

everyone at every level of life & society talks trash in some fashion. get over it. if you don’t understand that then you’re not competitve enough.

no alpha, no care.

Are you the silverback nik?

Damn, I would soooooooo hate to settle for the silver. The competitive streak in me always wants to win, so winning the gold is what it is all about. That includes any preperation necessary to get yourself motivated or try to screw with your competitions minds. Within the boundaries of fair play, trash talking is a technique. Some use it wisely, others do not.

However, she won a freakin silver medal in the olympics. How many people even make it that far to compete much less win a medal? Reminds me of some parent punishing their kid because the kid said “this class is easy” and “only” got an A instead of an A+.

I’ve done this before.

Kid told us that this course was going to be so easy, she could “do it with her eyes closed”.

When she finished it with a B+, she lost priviledges for 4 weeks.

Why? Learn that there is a difference between confidence and underestimating / underpreparing the challenge at hand.

:gotme: