WNY mini golf?

Who’s got the best mini-golf course around here? The wife wants to go tonight. We’ve been to the one on Grand Island and the place on Sheridan in Tonawanda.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?159023-Local-Putt-putt&highlight=putt+putt

Just saw a sign for Mini Golf at “The Bob” at 185 Lang Ave in the hood. Indoor Mini Golf 18 holes. Might be interesting. I wonder if they give away a button, hat, or t-shirt that says “I survived Mini Golf in the Hood”.

theres one in the paddock dome but its only open til 8 or something. its more “lifelike” with sand traps and such. not any of the crazy ramps and stuff the other places have though.

There is one at terry hills end of batavia

Broadway near Transit

QFT

word, i like that one

Guess we’ll try Broadway near Transit. :tup:

That is fun during the winter as well. Nice water features and such.

There is a newly redone course in orchard park next to zebbs.

I haven’t been there yet though so it could be total shit.

update, review?

It’s a really nice looking mini-golf course but not very challenging. Lots of water hazards and flowing water to look nice (they specifically mentioned the nets provided at each water hazard to scoop out your ball when we were paying) but you’d have to be pretty uncoordinated to end up in them (like Quasimodo and his girlfriend who were in front of us).

Most of the holes had very little opportunity for risk/reward. I like courses where you need skill to putt the ball through some narrow gap/obstacle or be forced to two putt around it. Even better if you miss that narrow gap that you now have at least 2 more strokes to get back where you need to be. The vast majority of holes at this course you could get within 3-4 feet of the pin by simply smacking it hard and letting it bounce off the curbing. My scorecard was almost entirely 2’s and 3’s and I’m not that accurate a putter. There were places where you could see they tried to design alternate ways of approaching the pin but they would leave an almost straight shot which would make the alternate approach pointless.

thanks, I might hit that up soon.