Worth it??

Dont know much at all about the car. Dad saw it this morning and told me about it when I got home so I went to check it out. Gates were already closed and nobody was there, but I took a few pics in the rain on my phone. So far I know it an 02’ with 41k miles. They want $2500 which seems like a steal, pending on what all is in need of repair. I couldnt see inside to see if the airbags went off, but I would imagine so with the shape the windshield is in. Also not sure if its got an R title, most likely it does though.

I think if I sink 3-7k into it Ill have a new-looking 02’ Trans Am…

Opinions so far…is it worth it? :nuts:

Two more:

Brian aka PewterSS would be the man to talk to

if it is a ls1 and not a v6 i think it would be worth it

Ok Ill send him a PM I guess, thanks. :slight_smile: I’m only interested in it if it has the LS1 and not the 3.8 V6.

im gonna guess its a v6…if it had an ls1 for that low of a price it be sitting at jj’s automotive right now…

and if by some crazy case it does have a ls1 im sure brian will be down with the flat bed to get it…

Most likely its a V6, Ill go down tomorrow morning sometime to check for sure.

yeah seems too good to be true… somethign like that with that mileage and LS1 would be worth more like 5-7G i think if its just fender damage in front like that.

Went down to see it today. Looked it over briefly, its in fact a 3.8 Automatic. Seems to be more of the frame torqued than I could see yesterday. You can fit a fist in on the driver’s side rear fender well, and not even half a fist in on the passenger’s side rear fender well. :squint:

just an a-arm i would say

Yeah thats what my dad was saying. Both airbags are deployed too. Im going to get my dad to go look at it for his opinion. If I buy it I plan on fixing it up, driving it around for a few months, and selling it to buy an LS1 like I planned on getting the beginning of next year.

Dunno, depends on my dad and what he thinks. Ill update this when I decide to get it or not. :weak:

That sitting at R&R in west newton? I wouldn’t buy it… fuck that V6

Yup, sittin at R&R by the West Newton pond. Im not gonna buy it thanks to everyone’s opinions, Ill keep lookin for a LS1. Id like to find one before next spring.:hahano:

Are u lookin for a Auto or 6Speed… also do u want 1 ready to go or needs fixed ?

Leaning towards a stick, but wouldnt mind an auto. Id like to find one ready to go, but if it had minimal damage I’d think about it. I saw the 1 on JJs Automotive, I liked it but I think it was a little pricey. :redface:

Edit: Where is the front damage? lol…I cant see anything in the pics…? If thats the case then the price isn’t bad at all.

Which Vehicle are u referring to ?

that one is sold

The Black 2000 Trans Am, Pewter knows which one I meant.

But yeah I’m looking for an LS1, 99’ or up, Ram Air hood hopefully, and less than 100k miles. 6 Speed, but I would be ok with an auto. Would like one ready to go, but slight damage would be ok too depending on price.