would you be interested in...

an nyspeed"oddities and oldies" meet/photoshoot/cruise/etc?

this isnt to set a date/time, so i figured it would fit here in gen.auto. this is just to see if there is interest/feedback out there.

—i have just been noticing that people this year are straying from the same old turbo civics/FM’d stis,n/a ghey transmarobirds,sr20’d 240s,etc.

++“oldies” are anything obd(up to 1992ish) or pre-obd

obviously exceptions can be made for exceptional examples of those cars, but i kind of like the fact/idea that we are such a diverse group of enthusiasts with many different rare/desireable/cool cars that would otherwise never get the chance to be in the same parking lot.

so post up if u like the idea/have more to add/think im a loser/think turbo civics are “rare” or “odd”/have a different car u would like to add to the list of ars in my head that i would to see there.

–also, if u like the idea post up what car u would like to do this with so we can gauge the diversity.

1. SoloIIscoob----1973 Toyota Corolla

and depending upon interest we could invite outsiders with exceptional cars as well

Are 69 Camaros with big blocks oldies or oddites? :slight_smile:

I’d be in. I’m planning on taking a ton of pics of my car anyway.

What about DSMs that run?? Thats an oddity right???

what about GNs?? I would be in for something can’t wait to get my car out.

only if u can keep it running through the entire cruise:meh2:

what if a fellow nyspeed member pushed it or flat towed it for him.
Run thru an entire cruise, a Dsm wont even run thru a heat cycle.
thats like asking for a miracle.
haha

is a boosted e30 an oddity?

id be down if i get my starion repainted…its an oddity isnt it, theres only a few of us

o yea:

87 Mistu Starion

funny I was going to start a thread on getting everyone together for like the “old school Starbucks meets”…bringing clean nice rides not rice or trash looking cars. But it would have to be during the day with photo shoots/vid taking, crooze what ever. But during the day not night time shit.

I wana get together, challenger and whatever else i can get people to drive for me ill bring all the toys.

poop

yea i was thinking daytime cruise to KB or HiV/ellicottvile or somewhere not in buffalo. lol. or if anyone had a good place with some good back shoot locations

IN. lol I wish.

ive got a late model e30, does that count?

oh

1990 BMW 325is

Out near ellicottville theres that metal art park thing. I can’t remember the real name of it.

great idea! its sculpture park

when were you thinking of getting this together… early/ late spring, over the summer?

I have a different looking wrx than everyone else does that count?

jam that is currently the least rare car on nyspeed

lol