May 4th: Old School Import Meet

When: Sunday May 4th, Daytime
Where: Buffalo, NY region
Who: 70-80s Imports and early 90s Sports Cars/coupes/gt’s (300zx’s, rx7s, supras, 3000gts) with some other exceptions.
Itinerary:
COMO PARK - 3-4
2220 Como Park Blvd. Lancaster, NY 14086
-Meet & greet (large parking lot by basketball courts)
Cruise to…

TAFFY’S - 4:30-5:30
3261 Orchard Park Rd. Orchard Park, NY 14127
-Grab a bite to eat or drink (Moe’s and Wendys is right next door)

BACKROADS CRUISE/PHOTOSHOOT - 5:45-7
-Cruise the backroads of Orchard Park, Boston, East Aurora for hillclimbs, twisties, etc. and stop at local parks/scenic areas for photoshoots.
Highway cruise to…

BUBBLE TEA CAFE - 7:30-?
3202 Sheridan Dr. (Picadilly Square) Amherst, NY 14226
-Meet up with rest of local crowd and grab a Bubble Tea or go to Mighty Taco or Tim Hortons or other restaurant down the road.

-If anyones interested in meeting up at my house and cruising to Como Park, PM me and I will give you my address and #. I’m 10 mins. from the park.

I would like to keep this mainly sportier cars of the 70s-90s but theres a few exceptions due to rarity. I don’t really wanna see late 80s civics, accords, etc. since it really ruins the point of this meet.
PM me if you have any questions.

these meets are really dumb. You are ruling out certain cars that meet your criteria and making other random exceptions?

ill be durr

Well if I invited all 80s and early 90s cars this would just become another meet just like what happened to soloscoobs rare/unique thread. If I just posted Z/RX7/Supra/Starquest meet, there are too many exceptions.
Something like a 73 Corolla is an exception.
So if you think its dumb you don’t have to come, simple as that.

i wont be able to make it. doubt i’ll be done…

I figured it would be a good date/deadline to motivate a few projects to get completed plus the fact that people are aching to take their cars out in early May and willing to go to meets than later on in the season.

So something like like 70-80s cars only, no domestics. Wouldn’t that work? The problem with near random exceptions is that it results in exactly that.

That said if I still had something from that era I’d be all over it.

yeah, but the scope of my project isn’t on par with anyone else on this forum… at least that i know of…

240 to common for you?

Yeah Imports only, sorry Fuzzy even though your car is pure 80s hotness.
Newman I figured you wouldn’t be done though I thought you were aiming for april/may but no need to rush just to bring it to a meet that will probably unsuccessful anyways. Im sure Joe will let you drive one of his cars or if I don’t have someone to drive the 83 you are more than welcome to.

240s are welcome to show, pop-up headlights, boxy, hatch…I would be a hypocrite if I said no.

I don’t own any 80s hotness anymore, I have a WRX these days. Some day I’ll get back into the boxy hotness though.

in with the rx7, ill save the soon to be del sol of mine for the ricer meets. we need to invite jams dad, he would totally rock our socks off at this meet. lol

If i was only still in Wny, that would be one more 88quest to add…

I may be in.

i might be in as well.

if I get my car running by then, ill show up.

definetly wont be ready by then… :frowning:

I might be in for this, probably won’t have everything done yet but the E30 will be on the road at least…

Most likely…