Wow to new tires

Well my conti’s finally are done so i put on a new set of bridgestone Potenze RE070 225/45R17’s ( the oem STi tires) and holy crap it feels like a whole new car! I can not belive the diffrence, my starts are 100 times better, i get such better grip than i ever have with the contis. when the contis would be spinning for a couple seconds these just grip, and the handling is wayy better, i can take corners at a hell of alot higher speeds its great.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/xrider_photos/bs_potenza_re70_ci2_l.jpg
they do look a little funny on the 7inch rims though, they stick out a bit and are taller than the stocks are, but that really doesn’t matter cause they sure make up for it. SO just to reccomend a tire to ppl, and if you still have the stocks get rid of them this makes it so much more fun. just thought i woudl share. oh and 0 rubbing anywhere which is nice cause i thought there might be a tiny bit

anywhere to get deals? as these arnt cheap.

find a guy with an STi that is going to put wider/lighter rims on his car as soon as he buys it and get him to sell them to you :stuck_out_tongue: heh thats what i did, i was going to buy the prada spec 2’s but this was such a better deal!

how much for 4? so i know what to gauge my price at… thanks man

are they really soft? or will they last more then a summer

its funny, we live in the same area, yet i never see you. tobad

damm those tires are HAWT looks like half grip half slick type im sure on hot summer day thats when your going to be able to figure out their full potential … sticky eeky

they are def the furthest thing from soft when cold, they are a super hard compound. they are not plyable (spl?) at all, when they were off the rims they would barely budge, but get them warm its a diffrent story. Well i got lucky getting these tires, but buying them from retailer like say here
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE070&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=245WR7RE070&fromCompare1=yes&place=47&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&minSpeedRating=V

but off here ups has brokerage fees, and 775 is the total with shipping, and i think thats us dollars so 857 canadian. but thats the only site i coudl find these tires on. as for lasting more than a summer, i think they will but who really knows cause i dont drive like a jackass that much :smiley:

I need pics. I wanna see how they fit the rim… My Contis are gone and I will be buying a new set of tires in the coming weeks

sorry for all the pics but you get the idea hopefully

Hmmmmm They don’t look bad at all. Might look better on the 04-06 rims…

hehe, they look like they have some meat. I wonder how the work on wet/snow?

http://smiliesftw.com/x/inout.gif

I agree, these tires are amazing, they are really sticky and the sidewalls are really stiff making them great for cornering. I can’t break them loose on dry pavement with 6k launches. As far as snow, don’t even think about it. I put these on and it happened to snow the next day, the car was sliding all over the place, even with the AWD.

Kiril, I think you should upgrade your tires… I
ll give a good price for your old ones. :tonqe:

I’m actually looking into 18’s, so I’ll keep you posted.

BTW, if you want these tires cheap, take alook in the classifieds section of IWSTI.com, usually, you can find a practically new set for around $300.

Well how they work in snow hopefully i never ever have to find out! but in the rain they are kinda iffy these past couple of days, so i have been driving really carefully.

Yah jutes those awd beasts are hard as hell to laucnch, i dont know what it is, the combo of awsome tires and awd but i have never done a good launch in my friends heavily modded WRX, he can barely do it himself its jsut damn hard. but small price to pay for such a great car, haha either that or i suck ass at doign launches on wrx’s

traction control can be your worse enemy or best friend…

I posted on there… Hope I get some replies…

yah good look finding them im sure there is some sti guy that has them brand new just sitting in his basement for the past 6 months.
haha i tried these in the snow/slush last night and almost died haha

you know what they say, tires are #1 most effective upgrade to any car. and with FWD, traction is always your friend.

So I finally got my tires on today… I’m not too happy with them. Yes they have great acceleration and braking. But they act very funny in knee jerk reactions. Also they seem to want to skip across the road in high cornering. My contis would ride the side wall instead of skip… The side walls on this don’t move at all…

P.S. These are the Bridgestone Potenza RE070’s

isnt that what you wanted… stiff sidewall? whats the treadware?
cant wait to get my new tires too.