WRC2006 Impreza

I fixed part of the awfulness

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/jrex22/subaru.jpg

MUCH BETTER

Nice version jrex, by the way is this running at rally great britan?

they usually introduce the new car at mexico.

Mexico went well this year, hopefully the car will stay fast

Even with the big jump(s) at Cataluna? That was my reasoning for thinking it was too low. Not to mention those roads didn’t exactly look billiard-table flat.

The OP dealer had a '06 STi with the new front, I think they look soo much better!

I still have the Cataluna Rally on my DVR. The car was not as low as the one pictured.

im the same way but i guess u have to let it grow on u

depending on the rally, graham will setup jons car that low.

As I said at first, I do like the new front end. Not even sure why, it’s very Alfa like. Ah well…

Cool car either way.

on big jumps, its more about suspension Droop than anything else… big air and the suspension will drop to full droop and have tons of travel for landing.

I stand corrected then. I just can’t remember seeing a rally car that low for a rally I’ve seen (other than Gran Turismo 4, but that’s a game).

I understant the suspension will droop when the car is in the air and you will have the maximum suspension travel, but what about bottoming out? Do they just use stiffer springs and stiffen the rebound on the struts to prevent it from scraping?

the springs we use are actually really light… something like 220-240 (i dont remember exact numbers). The shocks are stiff as all hell. Also remember the tires we run are like 10 ply or some shit, so they effectively raise the spring rates as well.

I didn’t know the tires were a differnt ply. I guess that would explain why you can run such low spring rates. I guess having those lower spring rates make the car easier to kick sideways on non-tarmac surfaces?

I was looking around today and took a look at a couple of '06 Imprezas in person. I have to say, they do look better in person than I thought, though from the side, the front overhang seems a little long.

they also just scrape the shit out of the skid plates and underside of the passenger compartment since they have the money to replace them whenever then need to. Most rally cars you have seen don’t have that kind of budget so they setup a bit higher to be safe.

The silver open class car that won pike’s peak pretty much needs all the sheet metal on the floor panels replaced as a result of running so low.

Probably looks Alfa-Romero like because the new lead designer was the one that designed many of the Alfa-Romero cars. What’s his name again?

Thats where I saw this car…

I’m sitting at an intersection today… looking across it and I see those headlights and front grill… I’m like “man, I KNOW ive seen that somewhere… wtf is that thing?” as he turned i saw that it was a new white STi… f*n hotTTTT

They guy did design alfas but if you look at the grill of the old imprezas they had a triangle grill too smaller, but its still there so even though it looks like an alfa design its still pretty much subaru.

http://japanimport.no/pris_eksempler/SUBARU/subaru_impreza_WRX/IMG_0470_3.JPG