Wright Bros aint sh*t *pic and vid*

Vid: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/05/25/video-of-flying-aston-martin-lands-online/

We’ve finally found video of the 009 Aston Martin ALMS racecar that “flew” 142 feet off the track at Mid-Ohio Raceway last weekend. The racecar traveled in the air 22 feet farther than the Wright brothers’ first powered flight on December 17th, 1903.

http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/05/Picture314.jpg

Wow… Something about that picture doesn’t seem right…

the lack of a ground plane?

:O! Thats crazy that it didn’t, like the announcer said, dig into the gravel and just start going over. After I saw the way it was going to land I assumed it would.

On a second though, the video isn’t as impressive as that picture…

All I can say is wow.

fuck yeah on that one. holy shit

If he was on a treadmill he would certainly have gone the same distance.

It flew that far even though the bodywork is designed for DOWNforce. Imagine how far it would have gone without without the kit. Orbit?

What are you talking about, the car couldn’t move and there would be no lift.

:slight_smile:

it flew backwards… downforce backwards= lift.

Nice flight.

no, actually down force from ground effects requires the vehicle to be on the ground. this is why when a car moving at a high rate of speed gets to much air under the front bumper the car can flip … the “ground effects” become nothing more then added weight, and in all reality they can help the car get MORE air because they TRAP air under the car (low rocker panels, limited rear airflow)

and the reap spoiler wouldn’t have created much lift either, due to the turbulent air bouncing off the taillights of the car

what happened here is that the car simply flew like a flat piece of wood being knocked off a table hard

the only reason this car flew is because the ground wasn’t level, the edge of the track was banked, and then the ground dropped down from there

Thats the 009 I thought only the 007 car could fly

the aston will take off!

lol thats sooo badass

holy crap lol

I still think of you put some curb feelers on that thing it would closely resemble a catfish…