WRX Wagon guys and Regular WRX guys Help

[quote=“Inn-Tune,post:7,topic:25445"”]

Describe the wagon factor of driving enjoyment…I know the wagons are slightly wider if i remember reading correct…
The track in the rear is narrower and the fenders don’t bulge out on the wagon like they do on the sedan so if anything it’s narrower externally. The interior in the rear might be somehow wider but I don’t know. I didn’t have a wagon.

-Mike

[/quote]

Wagons are more narrow. It’s the front track that is more narrow, but only by 20 millimeters.

Like the above posters said, the first 2 or maybe 3 shipments of '02’s had some random problems. There was a fuel line recall for all years through '05 IIRC.

The tranny is your main concern. Watch for a 4th gear grind, as well as all other gears. They’re not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, but be aware, if you slam gears and pop the clutch very often, they will break. They can take occasional abuse though. Other than that, as long as the car has been maintained, they seem to be pretty reliable.

Looking at your last post though, if something is on it’s way out you usually get fair warning. Crazy electrical problems and stuff like that isn’t common on the car, so it’s not likely you’ll be stranded in the middle of no where.