WRX Wagon guys and Regular WRX guys Help

[quote=“RobHimself,post:15,topic:25445"”]

SI01 Is trying to sell his 03 wagon (silver) Low miles and is in great shape.

[/quote]

Truth.

Yeah as stated wagons are a bit narrower than the sedan (no fender flares) so you have to be careful of the wheel width if you put new bling on it.

Wagons have fold down rear seats, sedans don’t. That was a big factor for me. I have had two saw horses, a table saw, a router, a power miter box, a circular saw, a box of misc. parts and the stand for the table saw in the back of my car with no issues and not in my line of rear sight. It also fit my 40" LCD w/ box no problem. The Circuit City guys doubted the power of the wagon, but I knew better.

Other than that there isn’t a whole lot else that I can add that hasn’t been said. You are savvy about what to look for in cars and the only major issue I know of on WRX’s are the trannys for the older models. That was only a problem if some asshat was launching it like crazy or got a little too sloppy while trying to drive fast. If you are good at driving stick, then its a non issue. The 06’s+ are a little better now and utilize double cone synchros.

I knew a guy with an '02 sedan. He bought it just after it launched in the US. He did quite a few mods to it (exhaust, ECU etc.) and last I knew he was driving it every day wiyh well over 100,000 on the clock. He modded it right after buying too…in fact that was the car that made be fall in love with the WRX.

As for mileage…I am getting about 20-22mpg right now (winter mileage). In the summer I’ve gotten as much as 26 with mixed driving (mostly highway). I haven’t taken it on a trip yet, but I’m sure high 20’s are easy.

I only have 11k on my car right now after 16 months of ownership and it has been flawless thus far.

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:14,topic:25445"”]

since you like white so much and 2.5liter>

[/quote]

Damn I wish I could have found that back when I bought mine. White was so hard to come by.

The 06’s have quite a bit more than the older versions. STI side skirts, color matching mirrors, 4 pot/2 pot brakes (formerly on the STi in Japan), 2.5L engine, 17" wheels, nicer interior. More HP. The 2.0L would dyno at about 170whp while the 2.5L does about 200whp despite the reported 3hp increase from 227 to 230.