WTB: 1988-91 Corolla(AE92) GTS or SR5

Hey, I’m located in Brampton and I’m just wondering if anyone out there has an AE92 with a 4age and very little to no rust at all on the body and selling for around $1000 or less.
Automatic transmission is very acceptable.
Mileage is not too much of a concern to me.

Email: aznramen@gmail.com or PM me.
Thanks in advance,
-Ray

I got a std ae92 but it’s not mint - I’ve done some body work on it so it looks ok for its age - eventually looking to sell it if I find an s13 to replace it. Starts everytime - almost 370k on the engine (oil pan leak) - rear suspension is somewhat spongy (no rear stb / heavy subs). Will likely be selling it within month or two when I spot a decent s13 to fill its place.

I know someone who was parting out an SR5 - are you just looking for the ae92 gts shell w/engine?

Found this one - but you’d have to get 4age separately:
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1517050&adid=5032469

I’m mainly looking for an AE92 with a decent tranny and very good body. The engine does not have to be in the best condition because I’d like to swap in either another 16v 4age in the summer or possibly a 20v blacktop if I can find one with ecu and harness and all that stuff. For now I just want soemthing that runs and later I’ll fix it up. This is meant to be a learning experience for myself to accompany the Summer job.

It jsut came across my mind after looking at other AutoTrader listings, but how hard would it be to get a 4dr version up to specs with the gts using aftermarket parts instead of Toyota stock parts? Of course the engine (4afe) would need to be changed to a 4age EFI, but would almost everything else match up fine?
Just pondering, not trying to hijack my own thread.

If you’re looking for something to mod, start with gts base. Basic differences between sr5 & gts: engine, 3 pt front strut bar, rear sway bar, 4 wheel discs, rear wing, side skirts, firmer suspension (shocks / struts), base rims just to name a few, 3 way adjustable seats (opt).

Not sure what other projects you tackled already but it could be somewhat challenging since there’s not as much information on this as for example - an s13 / s14 - could try http://www.club4ag.com and combo of corolla / mr2 manuals.

Thanks a lot for the info. I’ll continue to look into it and keep an eye out for a GTS to start with then. Thanks again.

i dunno if u r interested but there is this 85 corolla coupe non-GTS going for 800 on the forum