WTB: 2000 or newer around $8000

Just as the title states, I am in the market for a newer vehicle, preferably a SUV or Subaru 2.5 RS.

Would consider a truck if its 4x4.

I would also like to keep it at or under $8000 but a little over would work.

Needs to be automagic (so the fiance can drive it also).

Under 90K if possible, need it to last for about 3-4 years.

I have looked on Craigslist and WantAdDigest a bit but was wondering if anyone on the site has something for sale or has a friend with something for sale.

Thanks.

I know you said 8k, but could you do 13,500? If so I have the perfect, low mileage car for you.

I’d rather not, I mean I’m sure I could but my budget is $8000-$8500 so I can still have spending money and money to put into my savings and vacation accounts. I like to keep a buffer zone so I don’t live paycheck to paycheck, especially if I am buying used for parts for maintenance.

teach girl to drive manual so car isn’t helladumpytranny

Already asked her about that…she has 0 interest in learning how to drive manual and I rather not teach her on a car I want to last, my first maintenance to the vehicle shouldn’t need to be the clutch LOL.

I hear ya man. Good luck in the search.

You will hate an automatic subaru, any automatic subaru.

Not really. I have a 07 and 09 Imprezas that are both automatic and I love them. Prolly the best DD I’ve ever had.

Yeah the new ones aren’t too bad but for 8 grand he won’t be able to buy one.

Yeah thats what I figured so thats why I am keeping my options open!

I saw a Subaru 2.5 RS sitting in the back lot of the Kingston Subaru Dealership. The only thing I can tell you about it is, is that it was dark blue and 2 door sitting there with no plates. I imagine it was a trade-in because it had no plates on it. May be worth calling about down there if they still have it.

i have a cobalt for sale 7200 OBO 06 with 74k with 4 snow tires. its an automaticccc

My buddy and his girl friend are trying to sell a 2004 Subaru WRX impreza sportwagon with the MOMO package for around 6k its 5 spd tho

hmmmm I might be interested in that. Mileage? PM me details please.