WTB: 2004-2006 Acura TL

Just a long shot here, looking for a '04-'06, black on black or, white on black 6spd manual TL. Just looking to see if anyone knows of one, or has one even. I found a 2004 TL for a steal, but its the automanual trans. I would prefer a stick, but I dont think I can pass this deal up.

Yes I have looked at Want Ad, AutoTrader, cars.com, CL, even ebay, and there is nothing even close. So I think Im going to buy the auto and bide my time, till I find what I really want, black 2006 TL-S 6spd with Aspec kit.

Looking for the exact same thing… seriously

You have good taste sir

lol They are lovely cars. Im about dead set on buying the one I drove today. Black on tan, 40k miles, autotragic, full wood trim, 3 spoke steering wheel, tinted windows, only thing it doesnt have I want are the fogs really. Looked at two TSX today also, both auto, that were more expensive, with more miles.

for an 04-06 tl if you want fogs you have to retro fit accord fogs in there. 07-08 came with fogs. I have an 07 Black on Black with NAV bluetooth and everything. The only thing is its auto. I’m currently trying to sell it and I don’t know your price range but its a CPO car until 100k or i think june of 2014. It currently has 62k on it. IMO the 07-08 (what they consider the “facelift” model) is better then the 04-06. The difference is the fogs, blinkers in the mirrors, wheels(split 5 spoke), upgraded HID’s and and upgraded NAV system.

Yeah I have been reading up on the TL for some time now. I prefer the 04-06 frontend myself, and I hate the Type S tail lights. I actual put a deposit on the 04 I drove yesterday. Its a clean Nighthaw Pearl Black, tan interior, auto, with 40k.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/C1VIC/2004TL/02.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/C1VIC/2004TL/3.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/C1VIC/2004TL/4.jpg

the only difference in the front ends are the fogs. And i’m not a huge fan of the all red tail lights. I love the car but i just dont know if im ready for a 4 door car. Does the one you are getting have nav? good choice on color too. I love the way the blue pearl in the paint pops in the sun. My GF asked me one day last summer why my car was blue when i bought a black one. I had to explain about the pearl in the paint. LOL

edit: go on acurazine and there is a guy that does a lot of work on retro fitting the fogs and other things. I forget his name on there but I dont think it will be that hard to find. he does write ups on all the installs. hes located in NJ

no joke, i hated mine, it was an 06 with 50k on it, 6 sp man, loaded.

has to be one of the most dull and boring cars i have ever driven, plus i HATE seeing my exact same car driving by me on the road.

oh and WTF no fold down rear seats?

No it doesnt have the nav. Has the bluetooth and the home button thing that learns the code, I forgot what it was called lol. I kind of have to have a four door, having a kid and needing to fit my wheel chair all the time. Yeah I only wanted a Nighthawk Black Pearl or White Diamond Pearl, such nice colors.

I hear ya. If I had kids i’d keep it in a heart beat. But im 22 and theres no need to have a 4 door car right now for me. I want something fun and 2 door. And I love the interior on these. I’m very big on interiors. I will never buy a car with a ugly interior because thats what I have to look at. No matter how sexy the outside is if the interior is horrible I wont even consider it.

any mods planned? lower? wheels? lip kit?

I love the A spec kit, so def that. Probably just modest drop, and either HFP Aspec wheels, or MB Weapons 17x8 in bronze. I have been looking at this ‘true dual’ exhaust a guy on Acurazine, has been developing, and I rather like it.

look into the group buy section. there is a dealer on there that will ship you an aspec kit for 7-800 already painted. And heel toe auto has a coil-over kit for 600. And i love the ATLP exhaust but they are expensive and hard to find but there is a company that makes a similar one for cheaper

Yeah I have been lol, Im still noob status there, and cant see the classifieds.

That’s weird. I was able to see it right away

the classifieds are kind of hidden. look for the black market. it took me a few to find it.

im surprised you drove to kingston to look at a TL. doesn’t northeast acura have any with a better warranty and price?

Ahh okay, thanks. I didnt drive there with the intention of looking for a car. The Gf’s Malipoo decided not to start again, so I had to drive her to work, and needed to kill time, so hit up some car dealers. It was actually at a Subaru dealer, and was a great deal. Saabaru looked good last night man.

Ah ok. That’s a decent commute to work for her.

Thanks.

Yeah it def is a drive. Thats the next thing I will be looking for, a new place between here and there lol

Shapes do you have anything done to yours? I want to lower mine a bit, thinking the Tein S techs on stock shock. Thats what this guy is running, and I think it looks perfect.

The only thing I did was get a doms NAV2TV unit so I could play movies through my nav screen. I was going to get the aspec kit, wheel, suspension and exhaust but then I wanted to sell it so I decided to not do anything. I like tein and that drop doesnt look to bad.