WTB: 95-99 Neon Moroso/OBX/Canton Oil pan

fucking shot in the dark theres like 5 ppl on here that might have what im looking for, either way, id thoought id try here before spending 400 bux on one new

PM cbass. Might be willing to part with his Canton.

pm’d, appreciate it bro thanks

You may want to consider a crankscraper / windage tray from crankscrapers.com and the stock oil pan if you want a cheaper alternative. They are amazing!

–mark

too risky, moroso already has one of those thingys sorta built into it as well as the other two, but i need them 6.25 quarts, plenty of ppl throw road bearings cause theyre 1/2 quart low on oil and get starved, but maybe ill do that with my DD never realized it, thanks!

:lol: Is it time to educate me and Mark on what works in the Neon world?

Don’t want to shit on your thread, so PM me if you want to discuss any further, but I ran a 2.4 w/ 400 whp. I started with 7 qts. of oil. Went down to 6. Then went down to 5 qts. We did tons of research with the admins of neons.org and found out that with the location of the pick up tube, if you have a windage tray, you can have 5 qts or 30 qts and it won’t matter one bit. More oil after 5 won’t do a single thing. This has been shown in tests with drag racing, autox and road courses by some of the top people out there.

I won’t argue with you if you still get the moroso, but you’d be better off in the long run with both cost savings, weight savings, and less chance of oil hitting the crank and causing frothing if you go with stock pan with a crankscraper/windage tray combo. A few of my buddy’s have gone 10.8 and faster with this setup.

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

–mark

i dont wanna make it seem like i am doubting anyone its just personal preference and my engine builder told me to use a bigger oil pan and he wouldnt swear by anything else and it keeps lower oil temps which is what im shooting for as well, i dont mean to upset anyone or come off as a know it all im not in any way

but i am still looking for an oil pan

Yeah, talk to cass, like brent said. He may part.