WTB: amp install kit... (4G)

Speed ped, regarding running OVERCURRENT: Just cause it CAN be done, doesn’t mean you should go around recommending it.

Its unsafe (as in: beyond rated) and therefore stupid when there are much better alernatives readily available. Kinda like cutting coil springs because you’re too cheap to buy a set of lowering springs.

End of topic… kthx.

unless you run the amp into square wave constantly you’ll most likely be fine on 8ga. what load are you running the amp into? Class AB amps are generally 60% efficient, @ 400W you’re prolly not drawing more then 50A.

I can’t remember the specs of the amp at all. I’m going to have to check the model number when I get home…

its really not a big deal. just run 4ga. its not like you’re gonna be running 3000cc injectors for a 20#/min turbo. :roll:

It’s just that the area I have to route the cable is FAR more conducive to 8GA

sheesh, if it was 50A through 8ga wire… your gonna drop a fair amount of voltage running 8ga… 4ga power and ground is the way to go by far, I bet you can hear an audible difference through the speakers if you had it cranked up on the 4ga vs 8ga wire. If the routing sucks, see if you can do 2 runs of 8ga, that should be fine

ahhhh gotcha. Post or send me your model # & sub / box specs when you get a chance.

It’s not a sub. It’s two 5.25 MTXs and two Kicker 6.5s. They are both 4ohm, not sure on the model numbers.

The amp is an alpine 4X100

ARE ALL 4 SPEAKERS FREEAIR INSTALL? (JUST IN FLUSH MOUNT IN A PANEL FACE)

Yes