WTB: Audio Parts

So my system that I built not long ago didn’t come out the way I wanted. Going to give this another go. That audiobahn amp is acting up. Shoulda listened to you guys. Lesson learned.

I want to purchase the following after reading a bunch of reviews:

• JL Audio 10W1v2-4 10" Sub or similar spec’ed sub - link
  • Alpine PDX-5 5-Channel Amp or similar spec’ed amp - link
  • StreetWires ZeroNoise 7 6-Channel RCA Cables (19.7ft) or similar 6-channel quality RCA’s - link
  • Nice SEALED (not ported) box for the 10" sub - link

One important note.

The box HAS to be wider than the amp. The amp will be mounted onto the box. I don’t want any part of the amp hanging off the box. The amp/box dimensions I have linked above works for me.

Let me know if you have anything.

I have a really nice box for 2 10’s

I only want one. I’m not looking to rattle the eyes out of my head. I just want one nice 300watt or so 10" to fill out the low end of my music. Plus I don’t want to take up too much space.

The other option for a box is to have someone build something like this for me:

http://forums.maxima.org/members/midnight0045-albums-policemax-picture2349-trunk.jpg

Anyone here do that stuff?

honestly, ive never done anything like that specifically, but if i had the materials in my hands i could work wonders, i always did well in all my shop classes in HS…i have pics of my work :wink:

i also have a sealed single 10" box…idr dimensions off the top of my head…

also have a shitload of audio layin around, ill look around and let you know what i got…

Well I really want that Alpine amp. It sounds like a very nice unit.

The dimension so fit are: 10-3/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 8-3/8"D

As for the box…the one I linked above is not expensive, but has gotten some (not that many) bad reviews. I’m not looking to spend too much on a box.

How much do you think an entire trunk setup like that would cost? I would just pay you the money to get the materials, etc. if I did go that route.

hmmm…i havent been to home depot lately to check out mdf prices…lol, but heres a list of stuff that will probably be needed:

mdf
silicone
the sub itself
amp(s)/cap (anything else that will be installed in the panel)

i was thinkin a plexiglass window over the amps would look good as well as give them a little protection,

as well as carpet to cover the whole thing…

id also need to steal the car for measurements/fitments etc…

do you use your spare tire well for anything? do you have a tire in there even? lol

Yeah I was talking to someone else about such an enclosure and looks like I’d most likely have to delete my spare (which I have and have used). I don’t want to do that. If I don’t do that, we’ll have to raise the floor considerably to fit the sub, etc.

Looks like I’ll be sticking to a 10" single sealed box.

your you could put the spare on the side of your trunk…lol or up against the back seat :wink:

I’m going for the clean look. A nasty ass spare ain’t gonna cut it lol.

Let me know if you have anything else that I might be interested in though.

haha yea, i meant have it in thesre w/ a cover over it…give it an old school look :wink: