WTB: B5 A4 parts, list inside..

Looking do to a beginning of summer fix-up work to the audi.
2000 a4 1.8tqm.
I figured I’d start here before I went to audiworld or other forums, just to try for local pickup… I know there were a few wrecked b5’s in the area over the winter, so if anyone knows if any of the parts are obtainable, please let me know. Trying to avoid the cost of going with the obviously over priced new parts.
…is it just me or does every single plastic piece on these cars get exceptionally brittle?
I know, I know… it’s an audi.

Anyway…
here we go:

1. Front Passenger window regulator. both the green plastic guide clips broke. :frowning:
      OR, if it’s possible, I’m pretty sure I just need these clips… I may be wrong.
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/LostPerfectFlaw/2428.jpg
  1. Fog light assemblies, both sides, WITHOUT these plastic mounting brackets cracked off please. Zip ties hold for now…and have for a few months…but yea…
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/LostPerfectFlaw/8D0941699D.jpg

2. This piece, which is right behind the front passenger side tire. It seems to have gone missing over the winter…:
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/LostPerfectFlaw/100_0831.jpg

3. ABS control unit (electrical portion), or a recommendation on where to send it for repair.
    So that’s it for now… I’m sure i’ll find more stuff. I hope the pictures help where my words didn’t.
    Thanks in advance.

you cant buy just the green clips … i’ve tried. gotta buy the whole thing.

www.car-parts.com will be your friend

ahh good, thanks, some good finds on there… nothing too close but i’ll make some calls.

yea, i dont think there are many b5 wreaks around. do you need both fog lights cause i have 1 around here i think (from an s4)

i do need both, but 1 is better than none. I had to change the bulbs in them over the winter. With about negative 1lb of torque using a screw driver, the brackets just snapped. …Much like the dip stick handle, dip stick tube, various check valves…window regulator clips… bah fucking plastics.
let me know if you can dig it up

bump before bed. i’m not expecting anyone to have this stuff really, but i guess it’s worth a shot.

Ok, couple of suggestions. ECS tuning does stock the window regulator repair kits. They’re about 9 bucks a piece. If you want new fog lamp assemblies, I can sell them for 145 each, no freight.

ABS controller:
Go here BBA-Reman
Pull the controller off of the pump (T-20 torx). You’ll have to pull back the LF inner fender liner a bit and remove the washer bottle to get the bottom screws out of the controller. Then print your label from their site, print a repair request, and send it. Should be somewhere around $250.

thanks for the information.

Just a note on the ECStuning regulator repair kit. I actually ordered 2 of those last month. since they were so cheap i figured i’d get one for the driver’s side as well (just in case).
Well i got them, and they don’t include the green sliders. All it contains is the circular green piece that is pictured in the lower right of the above photo. (you can only see the 3 green fingers in this photo). So, a photo on the ECS tuning page would’ve been helpful… Oh well, they call them “Problematic”, at least i’m prepared.

I’ll be in touch regarding the fogs. I’m going to search for them used first… If i decide to go new, you do have the best price from what i’ve found, so i’ll go through you. Chances are i will go new. I just want to review my options first.

I’m pretty sure i already know the answer to this, i just want to make sure… Removing the controller does NOT make the car undrivable, correct?. I’ll just have to deal with the same flashing ABS light as i am now?

side note: i don’t even really care much for abs… this was the first car i’ve ever had it on that i drove in the snow, and it really just pissed me off…
Can it just be disabled along with turning off the ABS-brake light in the cluster, without any adverse side effects?

I just had the abs controller in our Avant repaired by module master. It was 200 bux, plus 7 ship each way. I think I shipped it on a monday and got it back the following monday.

You can drive without the module, its not different than it being in there with the light on, as the car is not commincating the abs module.

The issue is you need the abs controller working so that the brake bias is correct. Without it the rear brakes are on full ( as if there was a trunk full of stuff and 4 heads in the car). Seems like the only options are to get it working again, or completely remove the abs pump etc and replumb the brakes with an external bias.

Dan

Yeah i had a feeling there wasn’t a quick fix to simply remove the abs.
Thanks for the info. I’ll contact module master, that seems like a good price.