WTB: Capacitors - Store local ? URGENT

Need to locate a local area shop/store to pick up some 1000 micro-farad (+/- 20), 16V high temp (105 deg. C) electrolytic capacitors, radial style.

DO NOT TELL ME:

Radio Shack - The majority of them don’t know a capacitor from a hole in the ground, and the two that did searched the database and said they don’t carry high temp caps.

Radio Equip - You would think they would have it, but they don’t :picard: . I ask the guy, "When do you restock so I can come back? " His response: "I dunno, it’s gonna take a while. " :bloated:

Graybar- No go :frowning:

Eaton Electric - They don’t answer their phones :meh:

Hirsh Electric in Williamsville - Wants ~$7.00 per cap (20V) :eyebrow: . He must be smoking crack.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that I can pick up a few of these today or tomorrow even? Or are there any huge nerds that actually might have ~7-10 of these kicking around in a drawer/parts tray somewhere?

Post up. If I can get these local and not have to order them from somewhere it would be great.

Grainger maybe

grainger

Digi-Key is the best bet otherwise. They ship FAST. You can even get them overnighted for tomorrow

Grainger: Location? phone number? Google pulls up 716 number, but the guy that answers it says he’s in Rochester :confused:

YEah, I know. I’m trying to avoid that if possible. Digikey or Newark will be my last resort if I can’t find this stuff by Sat.

Shit I’d even settle for 20V 1000 uF caps, I could work with those. 25V may be too big.

Grainger is on Dick Rd…in Cheektowaga By the creek, not too far from the HS

what are you making

Branch: 104
50 Mckesson Pkwy.
Buffalo, NY 14225-5116
Phone: (716) 684-1000
Fax: (716) 681-5334

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/branchSearchResults.shtml?currentAction=searchBranch&branchSearchSuccess=success.branchsearch&branchSearchError=error.branchsearch&searchType=assoczips&searchValue=14225&x=14&y=11

Branch Hours:
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Monday - Friday)
Hours may change without notice.

Ok that’s the number that Google brought up. The guy that answered the phone (that is in Rochester), he said they don’t deal with that stuff :frowning:

Calspan will have some in their Company Store but I dont talk to anyone there anymore

Call the A/V repair shop Next to Gerstner Collision on Main.
There is another on Transit Rd. in Williamsville HIFI Doctor or some shit

Hi-Fi Hospital, next to Frog Hair

edit: they have all kinds of wacky shit, give them a try…

Just called Hi-Fi Hospital, doesn’t stock anything.

Calspan… isn’t that some ballistic ordinance test site? I don’t think they are going to sell capacitors to the public, are they?

No, not unless you know someone on the inside. I know a few people but I havent talked to them in years so Im of no help.

if i saw it earlier i’d see if we had any upstairs but alas it is almost 5 and i am extremely lazy

edit: maybe you’ll get lucky and i’ll get off my ass

Ugh, this is Buffalo, what kind of industrial city/town doesn’t have a store that sells a simple CAPACITOR?! :banghead:

EDIT: Chino, stop being lazy. You owe me since you STILL have my OSX CDs that I got for you. Hook a brotha up. :tup: I need 7 of 'em. Radial (looks like soda can, both leads come out of the bottom).

failing industrial city/towns :smiley:

brb

I have a bunch of 35v 100uf, and 2200uf 16v radial electrolytics. I dont think i have any 1000uf… But ill take a gander.

radio equipment on vulican in buff will have it

Not cheap but fast and reliable

:picard: Please read post #1.

you have to have them special order it. they got one for me
try elenco.com as well

start ripping apart electronics you don’t use…motherboards, stereos, etc.