WTB: Cobra Intake Manifold

Looking for an intake manifold for my 5.0… I pretty much narrowed it down to the cobra, but I think id look into any aftermarket one. Must have both upper and lower manifolds.

i saw you drive down Mineral Springs today as i was leaving the trails. car looks great but sounds like it needs a tune up.

What led you to a Cobra? That intake is 15 years old…there’s much better manifolds out there.

[quote=“LXTASY,post:3,topic:36775"”]

What led you to a Cobra? That intake is 15 years old…there’s much better manifolds out there.

[/quote]

I dont want to spend a load of money. The cobra is from what I heard, good and reliable.

Dirtye30- Trails?

cmon, its not like you dont know wht trails im talking about. trying to get back to my roots kid. been digging like a champ back there for a while now.

[quote=“dirtye30,post:5,topic:36775"”]

cmon, its not like you dont know wht trails im talking about. trying to get back to my roots kid. been digging like a champ back there for a while now.

[/quote]

Haha… I wasnt sure if thats what you meant. But im 95% sure I was not on mineral springs at all today.

its a 93 Cobra intake…there is no such thing as a Cobra R intake. and for the price, its a really good intake.

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:7,topic:36775"”]

its a 93 Cobra intake…there is no such thing as a Cobra R intake. and for the price, its a really good intake.

[/quote]

This guy at my school was calling it Cobra R. Ever since then, I suppose it just stuck.

[quote=“TheKID,post:8,topic:36775"”]

This guy at my school was calling it Cobra R. Ever since then, I suppose it just stuck.

[/quote]

yeah i did the same thing for a while. just wanted to make sure you knew. I have that manifold on my car and i like it. what heads do you have?

…Stock Heads. Debating on getting gt40’s. I suppose im looking for advice also on what to get.

Current Mod List:
Cold Air Intake, Shorty Headers, Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster Exhaust, 4:10 Gears, Posi Unit

^check your PMs

early gen explorer v8’s had the same intake as the cobra on them so all you have to do is find a explorer from a junkyard its what and did and intake worked great for me.

[quote=“SpeedRacer89,post:12,topic:36775"”]

early gen explorer v8’s had the same intake as the cobra on them so all you have to do is find a explorer from a junkyard its what and did and intake worked great for me.

[/quote]

that’ll work…without looking at a picture i do know that the Explorer’s intake tube comes in from the front and the Mustang is from the side. not sure if changing the EGR spacer and throttle body on the Explorer intake would solve that or not. I’d honestly just buy the Ford Racing one, you may even be able to find an original Cobra one for less than the new Ford Racing reproduction…they’re out there. i have an original Cobra one.

i got a trickflow one if your interested

[quote=“NYstanger,post:14,topic:36775"”]

i got a trickflow one if your interested

[/quote]

How much?