WTB: Engine KA24DE

So, apparently KA’s can’t handle 10’000 rpms, so I need a new one.

This is for my beater, so I’m not looking to spend much, just need one that works well.

Willing to pick up.

I have a Bings FMIC for trade.

please PM or Email only.

Thanks

Theo

hey theo, chris k has a fresh one that just came out with 130km or so?

comes with tranny tho but i guess you can use the spare?

dammit theo, what does 10 thosand rpm soud like on a ka ? thats awesome lol

Hey Theo, if you want to pick up chris’ (cloudzero3) KA, I would like to get the transmission from you. We can just split the cost actually.
Let me know if you are interested.

theo the ka in my new car is for sale 187,000 km automagic

theo… u are insane.

Ok, well I just drove it down to Chris’ shop to let him have a listen to it. He has heard lots of KA’s on their way out so I figured he would have a good idea of what that noise exactly is.

Well, on my way there, the tranny and clutch started acting up on me, so I am thinking it is somewhere in there. I’ll be pulling the tranny tomorrow to see whats up.

If it were a bearing it would have grenaded by now so I’m thinking maybe pilot shaft/bushing, so I may still need a motor if the pilot hole is messed I guess.

I took a little video of it, when I get back from dinner I’ll post it up.

Thanks for the replies guys. Lith, depending on what I find, we may be able to work together on something here.

haha Theo, did it sound like mine? Did it sound like a rollercoaster when it’s bringing you up the track?

Anyways, reving your KA to 10,000km is like you attempting to build a railway, why try?
Leave it to the asians :smiley:

That sounds good to me Theo. I just need a transmission really and I’m willing to pay a fair amount if it’s in good condition, especially if it’s from an S14.

I didn’t get to it today… tomororw I’ll get the tranny off.

This is what it sounds like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Theo23/Videos/th_NoiseyS13KA.jpg

Guess away…

performance rattle

audio sounds like crap so its kinda hard to guess, but it sounds like a combination of problems, misfiring (maybe a bent valve), and whatever that scraping is, thats annoying me because i’m not sure what it is. you should try to listen to see if the scraping is coming from the top end or bottom end.

my money says you need a motor though man, at least a head.

Theo, how about a free 1995 that need a headgasket replaced?

Just a thought, you could probably get that done cheap

did you take out the valve cover by any chance? I remember that the upper timing chain guide was in pieces on someone’s KA when we took out the valve cover… it had a horrible rattling sound.

Well now… that sounds like it came straight out of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory!

All kinds of happy fun noises coming out of that.

Removed the valve cover. The upper chain guide had been taken off already.
All of the valve train gear was fully intact.
Did a compression test. 155 150 145 150 So doesn’t look like there are any bent vlaves from the over rev.
Did a basic stethascope check. Noise is coming from the lower end, rear of the engine.
The beat of the noise doesn’t coincide directly with the RPMs.

I had a family gathering tonight that went longer than I thought, but tomorrow it will be ripped apart.

I’ll keep ya’ll updated

well i’m intrigued, i’d like to know what you broke in it now because i can’t think of what it could be.