wtb: full cold air intake for a 1998ka

liek the tittle says does anyone have one for cheap?

short ram intakes work better than “cold air” intakes.

in fact, cold air intakes do not even exist for 240’s.

all you need to do is ditch the air box and put a cone filter with a MAFS adapter onto the stock intake pipe.

OR if you want to make a real difference, you can do a TRUE short ram by doing a battery re-location and using a 90 degree bend straight off the throttle body and locate the filter above the battery tray.

hey spillner tahnks for all of the help wit the car last time ill bring it by sometime i decided to do the tune up by my self and would liek to buy the parts from u guys guys u guys are awsome lol . what tiem are u guys open until today? and there is cold air intake my freind has it lol. its another adaptor on the maf adaptor down to the front bumper then u put on the cone:)

Thanks man :slight_smile:

as for the intake, tell your friend he’s losing horsepower and throttle response. I talked to the tech at AEM, they dont produce a cold air for the 240 because when they tried to engineer one it didnt get as high a gain as the short ram did, and it would cost more.

a $200 short ram that gives you 11 horses

OR

a $300 cold air that gives you 7 horses?

thats why they dont make them. Bring the car by I’ll set you up with the super short ram, the KA will rev like a champ and sound like a monster :smiley:

we’ll be at MSSC on sunday working on an SR swap, call me if u want to drop by

tahnk you f***ing god for mssc lol

just a question but how do you figure hot air from the engine bay makes more power then colder condensed air from a cold air intake . i have an injen cold air intake and it feels so much better than the short arm.

Because feeling is a whole lot different than real world results. AEM made a prototype cold air and didnt have enough evidence that it was that much better than a short ram so they opted for a short ram. The short ram filter is in a spot where there is a low amount of hot air circulating from the engine anyways.

Not saying your cold air doesnt make more hp because it probably does but whether its accross the entire rpm range who knows. Call AEM and ask them if you want to know more.