WTB....laptop RAM upgrade. Need like yesterday

Fucking idiot company I ordered this RAM upgrade through sent me the wrong fucking shit and there’s no way I’m going to get an exchange from them in time before I leave for the OLOA on Weds morning.

I am looking for a 2gig stick of PC2-6400 - DDR2 - 800MHz - SODIMM RAM for an Acer D260 Aspire. I know there are some computer nuts on here and wanted to see if anyone might have this kicking around. OR…does anyone know of a store that would be open that would likely have this in stock. It’s a $25 stick of RAM on a bad day and fairly popular, but I don’t know any decent PC shops that would carry it locally.

Stupid store sent me 1066mhz DDR3 which doesn’t fucking fit.

I’ll check, I might have something.

Checked my shop, only finding 1gb. I think I have a laptop somewhere boasting 4gb of DDR2 that is now parts. I’ll keep looking!

If you find something between now and sunday evening shoot me a text @ 225-8384. I’m going to go out Monday and hit up a few stores to see if they have anything if you don’t turn something up.

Do appreciate the effort in looking regardless of what you turn up, thanks!

Bah, just looked and I only have 1gb sticks as well, sorry man! figured with all the laptops i break I’d have something

I had a couple junkers here as well and ended up in the same boat.

On this topic, can you guys suggest a local computer store that would likely carry this?

best buy, theres a place in xgates and in loudenville. dont know the names but can go there with u

Best buy is going to charge triple what it’s worth if they even had it. Got some friends in pretty high places in that company as they say and know their markup…

Inst one of those store next to Two Cousins or something?

other side by ups

The markup at Best Buy is unreal. I worked there for several years, lets just say the 5% above “average cost” employee discount was generally 25-90% off. Although on RAM, you’re likely to get that markup anywhere locally.

Anyway, I just scoured everything I have. Seems I’ve given away most of my older surplus. :frowning:

No problem, thanks for looking anyway. I’m going to hit up a few store tomorrow to see what they might have.

I have this http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=D3-13S2GS You can have it if it is useful. But it is DDR3 which I believe is no good to you.

That’s exactly what they sent me. Not going to work but thanks anyway.

Figured as much. GL

Prop for Computer Renaissance. Stopped in there this morning and they had what I needed BNIB for ~$30, out the door in under 5 mins.