wtb: red top sr20det

ok my prefered shop is taking quite awhile to find me a engine so im looking for one locally… please post if you know where i could find one. i prefer it to be stock and under 2500… thanks

shit please move to the right forum… thanks

I think autodream is selling them for like $2000 for a full swap. I would also check out JDM Source and Speedtech.

yeah im gonna check out auto dream on monday… tried to get a better deal at speed tech but price was stil la bit high… jdm source is slightly high too so im gonna give autodream shot. just checking to see if there was anything locally.

nah not for a full swap 2000 is for the engine alone then im estimating another 1000 for the swap which is still not bad

the labour im getting hooked up at omega speed works just the engine is a problem haha. is it easier to get a shop to order the engine for you and possible have to pay a “finder’s fee” or is better to order it yourself then get it transported to a prefered shop for install? the labour is not a big deal for me im just trying to find a good engine for a decent priced… i got quoted as high as 2400 for a red top?

if you would consider buying one from Ontario a close friend of mine is the best SR source in the province, everyone uses his motors including myself.

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=39&sid=01019c4f10c27291321324cf02fb9733

slipperysilvia on SON. i bought my first Sr from him and i was out with him the other day and i know he had a full S13 clip and a S13 Sr in his garage.

for local guys the warrany is impeccable, not sure how it would work for out of province guys.

is omega speekworks the same shop as sumarus??? if so DO NOT TAKE MY OLD CAR THERE it deserves better hahaha get autodream to do the swap for you!

talk to Jason lange and Rob parsons at garage S13… they do AMAZING work at that shop

NO Omega speedworks is not the same as sumaru’s. They do super clean work and are very attentive to detail. I can personally vouch for em, so dont hesitate to have work done there. Omega FTW!!!

ok just wondering what is the biggest downfall on having a engine with lower compression on the pistons besides loosing power?

well my motor which has 125 psi across the board still pulls hard and is just as fast as every other sr’d car ive run into, if not faster.

Ive got a SR20 here in Lethbridge. I drove this engine in Japan with only 1 problem. After a day of driving it the gasket from turbo to mani was leaking some so I will throw in a new gasket on the turbo before I would sell it. It is a compleate swap. Engine came from a 1991 Automatic 180SX. I baught another 5 speed tranie from a non turbo SR20 and factory clutch. I will sell this engine/tranie/harness/ecu for $2200.00. It does not come with the intercooler. If you would like install in your car it will be an extra Grand I can have this engine installed in your car running with whatever intercooler set up you would like at an extra cost. I can do FMIC kits or source out a side mount for you aswell. Side mounts go no more than $150 normally and for a pimp FMIC kit its usually another grand. I would get Rob/Jason at garage S13 to do that. So if you want SR20 with nice intercooler installed running it will cost you roughly $4200. Let em know if you will be interested!

What he said ^^^ we can install and run your piping for a very nice price!

i was at speed tech like 7 hours ago and the dude said 6000$$ for a red top full and i dont no if that was with labour…

sorry to steal the tread but im looking for a black top with every thing for 2300$ lol

for the basics your looking at 2 grand at least for a good engine set up, around a grand for labour…then you’l still need an intercooler,possibly a clutch, catch can , and extra $$ for many obstacles you will run into during the swap!

Drive it till its blows, and keep saving money…KA’s in NA form are tough…Keep BAggin it.

the compression in my motor is pretty low as of late… but i found a engine already… thanks guys

i call bs on the last post, but anyways, i was looking on ebay and there is a place in calgary with 2 red to[ps and 2 black tops (full swaps) for sale on ebay here is the link
http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&from=R10&catref=C6&satitle=sr20det&sacat=6000%26catref%3DC6&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfqy=sr20det&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&fspt=1&sadis=250&fpos=t4l+1z2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=2%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

oops i meant bs on this post
" i was at speed tech like 7 hours ago and the dude said 6000$$ for a red top full and i dont no if that was with labour…

sorry to steal the tread but im looking for a black top with every thing for 2300$ lol"