WTB: Road Bike

As in pedal road bike.

I’m 5’8, so… frame size would be 54?

let me know whatcha got

frame size has to do with your leg legnth, you will probably need to go get sized up.

i just picked up a bike from rick’s cycling shop downtown, corner of allen and franklin st. cool knowledgable people there if you’re looking for something newer. think the cheapest road bike they had there was 620ish. don’t forget to scour craigslist since they have a bike classifieds area

54 would be in the ballpark.

How nice of a bike do you want to get into? What’s your price range?

Just getting into it, so nothing too fancy.

I’m considering a few used bikes including a trek 1000 and a cannondale r800 (2001)

I’ve owned the same entry level trek mountain bike for 6 years now, never adjusted one thing, rode it drunk at college way too much, left it out in the rain, threw it down stairs at one point, and let friends use it all the time.

It’s still perfect. Trek makes great bikes.

Just tell my friend you dont want all the fancy shit to bring the price down…his bike is mint i promiss

he was in love with it but he lost intrest big time lol

there are many other aspects to proper geometry. you need to get fitted. then you also need to take in account length of crank arms, stem, etc. you’re probably gonna want in the 53 range for a frame

make sure you get your flight deck on. shifters in the brake levers. it is the cats meow

come riiide with meeee

my homie and I are riding to albany in a month and change

still waiting to hear back from him, he said he’d think about it.

anywhere you recommend getting fitted?

I stopped into Bert’s and saw Jeff but he seemed busy that day.

Shifters in the brake levers was a very cool feature I saw on some bikes, but out of my price range (new) for now…

roll to campus wheelworks dawg. handlebars is really high end stuff and pretty pricey. rick’s is cool too, but I’ve always worked with campus

more of an arm length thing… you can adjust the seat for the appropriate leg length… but the arm length is an issue becuase you’ll either be leaning too far foreward… or sitting upright

…yeah and that’s why they make different length stems ^

<— Bike shop experiance 5 years

I’m 5’8’’ and have a 30’’ inseam, I ride a 56’’

You’ll find alot of high end at handlebars… and pretty much everywhere else.

If you’re looking for a “fixie” then goto Campus. Make sure you wear your girl pants too if you go there

Most entry level bikes are around $500-$1500. Which is Shimano 105 componentry,and thats where I’d start. You might find some good deals on Specialized, Raleigh, Scott or Cannondale within that price range. Some of those will even have an Ultagera rear derailer which is even better.

Not sure if we’ll be open this year, but call Scott at The Bicycle Company on Main in Williamsville. He’s there usually every week day until 5 or 6ish. You can pick his mind on bikes and he’ll be happy to help you. His number is 634-5545… Not sure if I’m allowed to post that. But give him a call.

pft. nothing wrong with levis 511’s

Haha, yeah, when my woman is in them.

511’s is for mans. 524 is for womens

Hey man, I just know my bikes.

are you speaking of that red door ski shop?

i wore some old volcom jeans today. it was nice having the boys flow free instead of sidecar