WTB: Saturn Motor

Friend of mine has a 02 Saturn SL and he just popped the motor. I told him id be on the lookout for a motor for him. Anyone have any leads on one? Its the SOHC.

I have a SOHC from a '96. If you can find out if it works, I’ll sell it VERY VERY cheap. 65k miles, good condition. Complete, but no sensors or anything.

Is it still in the car? What was wrong with it?

Nope, it’s been in a heated garage. Nothing was wrong, the kid had an SL1 and wanted a DOHC, so we swapped it. He never bothered to take his engine out of the garage and now lives across the country. 65k miles, comes with the top half of a header.

Allright. I’d like to come check it out… What are you looking at for a price? And maybe you could throw in that wiper motor for the Jeep? :wink:

It’s in the Jamestown area and I’m in Rochester now, so I can’t really meet up to show it to you. I will, however, offer a refund of the purchase price if the engine doesn’t run. I’m definitely confident it’s in good condition, but I just can’t make a 2.5hr trip out there and spend like $50 in gas to show it to you.

Looking for $150 out of it and I’ll deliver it (as long as you have a way to get it out of the back of my Jeep) and throw in the wiper motor. I could do it this weekend or next, after that it’ll be a while.

My dad also mentioned that if you wanted to drive down to look at it, he’d meet up with you. It’s in the Jamestown area, so I’m not sure if you want to drive to see it.

PM’d