WTB sohc vtec motor or cheap swap

buddy blew up his stock d15 in his del slow, so he is looking for a cheap b18b swap or a sohc (perferably vtec) motor to get him up and running again. post up what ya got and how much, he needs this ASAP

well dave this might help or not…but i have a d15b8 cx engine with ecu for $100 let me know i has one broken valve cover bolt and it needs to be reassemble, like the cat and intake manifold was taken off, but one put back on it should start right up. if not i;ll return you the money it was in running condition with only 120k on it. let me konw thanks.

someone on ubrf is parting out a smashed up civic. might wanna head over there and check it out.

http://www.ubrf.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75007

http://www.ubrf.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74519

That is def a good candidate, but the owner seems like a complete tool and somewhat unwilling to negotiate anything.

yeah im trying to get a hood and fenders and hes being a dick head about it.

He sings the blues and claims he needs it gone ASAP and can’t have it around anymore etc…if that is the case, you kind of lose leverage when negotiating price. If he needs the car gone, whether it be parting out or as a whole, he needs to be a little more willing to negotiate price.

i know. i gave him a generous off on the parts then he says he needs to research the prices and get back to me

edit: i may be heading over there sometime soon. how serious is ur buddy about buying a motor?

he needs something ASAP, like he needs the car back up and running by monday

well im gonna go there tomorow, i have a time setup already

hey david i have tht d15b8 motor let me know.

dave, he is leaning towards you, pm me your number even tho I should have it lol

HAHA, I told the kid I needed a motor for 3-400 tops, he calls me back and says he will take 400. I only need the motor and for a extra 100 or so I can get a MINT d16 vtak motor from hmotorsonline with low miles.

dreid, i may be able to convince him to go lower. l’ll talk to him while im there.

also, i think this one is probably a bit more reliable and u dont have to pay shipping. if i were him, i would go for this deal

dreid call me. 716-903-6606

lmk