WTB Used Corvette wheels

WTB 2 used vette wheels 17x9.5 anybody know someone that has a set? Need em to put ET Streets on…

do they have to be vette wheels or any f body to vette wheel?

I have a set of 17 x 9.5 Chrome 10 spoke SS wheels, but I wont split them up. If you want all 4, shoot me a PM.

I just scrapped a whole set of these.

For your G8? It’s a different bolt pattern…

Yeh I know its a different bolt pattern but its very small and it’ll work

it think the vette is like 5x120.6 or something and g8 is 5x120… And as long as there the same bolt pattern as the vette and atleast 9 or 9.5 wide and 17" I’d be interested

It’ll work if you have the same size hubs or hubcentric rings… the hub bore is different between the 2.

People on my other forum are just bolting and going with no problems at all … its actually a popular setup on there maybe there doing more then what I think I’ll have to look up on that.

as long as the vette hubs are larger, it will bolt on without issue…and 5x120.6 or 5x120 isn’t a big enough difference to matter.

This debate can go on forever, but the proper way to do this would be to use wheels with the proper hub bore or use hubcentric rings. I’m not saying it doesn’t WORK because it DOES.

hubbored

this may also ad a little stress to the studs as well. They may slip right into the bolt holes on the wheel but when they are torqued down the conical lug nuts will center in the seats of the wheel distorting the studs in the process.

hmmm.

WTF mann everytime I have an idea that I see alot of people doing on their g8’s you guys like make me feel wiery about doing it… damn

there is a reason we say shit dude , ya really want suttin goin wrong at a high rate of speed ?

if the bolt holes are the same and the only diff is the hub center as long as its bigger ya will be fine . if the lugs are a little off though do not use em as joehawk said it can and will distort and come aprt . esp seein as lug studs are allllllll that are holding the wheels on id make sure there right

well then end this post lol… Or can I change it to GTO wheels cause thats about the only wheel that shares the pattern that I know of …

save some aggrivation lol do it right

the raised center of the hub on the car and the machined surface inside the wheel are whats designed to keep the rim centered on the hub itself. The lug studs and nuts are only meant to keep the wheel fastened to the hub. I would definetly spend the couple extra bucks and get the centering rings, or your leaving yourself the possibilty for some nasty issues down the road.