5x114.3 vs. 5x115

So a guy I work with traded in his Saturn vue a few weeks ago, and gave me a killer deal on some 16" snow tires already mounted on steel wheels for my wife’s element.

The offset is similar, center bore of the Saturn wheel is a few mm larger, plus the element is 5x114.3 while the Saturn wheel is 5x115. If it doesn’t fit NBD, the tires will fit her current oem wheels

Anyone do something similar on the past? I realize the will bolt up without any issue, but I’m seeing if anything could possibly be compromised long term.

http://www.texascoyote.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dremelTool.jpg

so wrong centerbore and wrong bolt pattern… I wouldn’t because close just sounds like a lot of vibrations to me.

if this was a VW, you could use “wobble bolts” and hubcentric spacers…but it’s not…so ditch the wheels and enjoy the free tires.

Yeah, I can sell the wheels and 4 tpms for what I paid for everything

I’m still going to try to bolt them up. Tolerances for wheels can’t be that tight? They’re both 5 x 4.5 at the end of the day…

And I seriously doubt the need for wobble bolts but hub centric rings would probably be a good idea

it will be off by enough that the studs will be rubbing/binding against the outer edge of the holes on the rim when trying to install it…and the lug nuts will not seat correctly.

If you don’t care for your wife do it up. If you want to be safe mount the tires on her current set up. Having the correct wheels are prob the most important thing keeping you safe.

My gtp bolt pattern was 114.3. I ran heavy wheels with 115 bolt pattern with hub centric rims for years, no issues.

My Enkei RPF01’s are sooooo close to working on my wife’s Saturn.

did this for years with my ssei with no hubcentric rings and it was fine

Yup, I don’t care for my wife at all.

Either that, or I’ve seen tons of statements like below, including some websites that even list the Saturn vue as having a 5x114.3 lug pattern

I’m not saying it’s correct or safe. Just pointing out that I have done it.

Your fine … I did it last winter … on my grand prix … I mean really people … .7 of a mm

jam youll be fine.

i ran those vette wheels that were 5 x 4.75 (which converted to mm is 120.65) on 5x120 adapters

they were on the car for over a year with no problem.