WTB - used desktop computer

looking to put a computer in the garage, so I’m in need of another desktop. dont need anything special…just to use for internet searching while working. HD and monitor not completely necessary, but may still be interested if you have them.

post up what you got. thanks

see my add in this section!!!

i have one up too. check it out and let me know.

^^I was looking at it, but its a little more than i was looking to spend.

just need something basic

I have one not too sure on the specs id have to plug it in i think its still runnin 98 if you want i can toss in a copy of xp pro and u can upgrade it I also have an old crt monitor kickin aorund ill toss in throw me an offer

You can build computers for pathetically low prices these days.

D201GLY2A - $65 (mini-itx mobo with integrated Celeron CPU and Video)
1GB DDR2 RAM - $10
Chassis w/ PSU - $25

Mopar, where do you go to find prices like that?

i have a few older pc’s sitting in my closet so case isnt an issue.

Froogle, ebay, Amazon.com

Edit: Most stuff I can get through my work at 5% markup over cost, but being a “smaller” distributor we don’t get the same deals that big retailers like Newegg and Amazon get. That board is a cool little board for the money though, I’ve had it running XP, Ubuntu and even Vista without issues.

an old pentium or pentium 2 can do basic web browsing. i have 2 boxes laying around here w/ a selection of 17 or 19" monitor + tons of other misc stuff. i’ll look through it 2morrow night if ur interested and let u know exact specs and such

you could build a little box with a D201GLY2A, then use a 4gb cf card as the hard drive.

It would work great, put linux on it, and a wifi card and call it done.

I got this. $300.00 Used from 10/06 - 4/07. Been sitting since. Low miles, no dents, paint good. lol

It’ll have a fresh copy of XP on it, new Dell keyboard and new Dell optical mouse. Don’t have the manuals anymore or software.

Service Tag: 43LYXB1 Change Service Tag
System Type: Dimension 1100/B110
Ship Date: 10/10/2006
Dell IBU: Americas
Quantity Parts # Part Description
1 HH412 PROCESSOR…, 80546, 2.53, 256K, CELERON PRESCOTT DESKTOP SOCKET N…, G1
1 RH659 KEYBOARD…, 104, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS…, UNITED STATES…, BLACK…, DARFON ELECTRONICS, CORP…
1 MW733 KIT…, SOFTWARE…, OVERPACK…, WXPHSP2, COMPACT DISKETTE W/DOCUMENTATION…, ENGLAND/ENGLISH…
1 JH908 KIT…, SPEAKER…, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS…, ZYLUX CORPORATION…, A225, BLACK…, SHIP IN BOX…
1 DY654 KIT…, SOFTWARE…, WORKS…, 8.5, OFFICE…, TRIAL, ENGLAND/ENGLISH…
2 J0202 DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE…, 512, 400M, 64X64, 8K, 184
1 WH625 MODEM…, V.92, DATA FAX…, INTERNAL…, SON4, LEAD FREE…, DELL AMERICAS ORGANIZATION…
1 DK075 ASSEMBLY…, DVD+/-RW…, 16X, IDE (INTEGRATED DRIVE ELECTRONICS) …, HITACHI LG DATA STORAGE…, CHASSIS 2005…
1 DK976 HARD DRIVE…, 80G, IDE (INTEGRATED DRIVE ELECTRONICS) …, 7.2K, 2M, LEAD FREE…, SGT-TON
1 Y9998 DISPLAY…, FLAT PANEL DISPLAY…, 15, E156FPF, MIDNIGHT GRAY…, DELL AMERICAS ORGANIZATION…
1 YH958 MOUSE…, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS…, 2BTN, LEAD FREE…, ENTRY…, LOGITECH…, BLACK…

if you find someone selling a mobo+proc combo, Ive got a case and 512mb of ram for real cheap, add your hdd and monitor to that and youve got yourself a computer.

ya, i think my best bet is to find a mobo+processor combo and build the rest with parts i have

so…whos got a semi-decent mobo/proc combo they wanna get rid of?

I have an old IBM NetVista 1GHz PIII desktop (model id: 6578-TAU) and 17" CRT sitting here. It’s running Ubuntu now, and probably not worth more than $100.

Thats funny, I sold one of those netvista’s to a guy from rochester back in the ubrf days. Are you that guy? Dual P3’s with loads of registered ram…

Nope - got mine elsewhere, and it’s a single PIII.

anyone else?

bumpsicle