WTDump?

Any idea where I can dump my old roof in or near the Town of Tonawanda?

Two of them actually. I plane on replacing my roof and need to find a
local dump that will accept it without raping me excessively.

here in buffalo we get 1 free ton a year, i never go there so i guess if you want you can bring it to the city dump. id just have to go with you to prove where i live

there is something in NF dont know what they charge but i know it was cheep 4 years ago… down here in east otto we have one but the gas will kill you…

y not dig a hole and put it in there

burn it

I have two roofs to dispose of.

I was going to put it at Mr Smith’s curb, but I think he might have an issue with it.

One “square” is around 225lb. and I have around 15. 30 if you count both layers.

I’m probably looking at 7000lb of debris if you count the
rest of the crap I will toss away :slight_smile:

Check with the Town. I know in Kenmore anything I have put at the curb, they have taken. Not sure if you could put out sections at a time or if they can refer you to anyone.

The town will take my debris so long as it is in boxes not weighing more than 50 lb. each.

130 boxes is not worth the trouble.
A friend is letting me borrow a dump truckso that should make things much easier :smiley:

edit $50 lb. != 50 lb.

how much does $50 weight?

1 gram

well, if its a $50 bill

I was thinking one thing while typing another.

haha i was gonna say, start puttign boxes of $50 outside and ill come take them off your hands :slight_smile:

where do we take it??? I live downtown have some remodel crap that needs to be taken there

i got it … what about getting 200ish “Postage Paid Envelopes” tape to a box and send that shit out… i can give you at least 20 for CC offers… and i may be able to get you a bunch of boxes

I LIKE THIS IDEA… at least do it with a few

haha when the send you free credit card offers and postage paid offers requiring your response, throw a few pieces in a box and slap that envelope on it. free but it might take some time

Check out a price of a dumpster, and just throw it in there. Might not be worth the trouble of hauling it away yourself. they will drop it off and pick it up, all you got to do is pay them and fill it.

i had a dumpster from jamestown… cost me 150 for a week they droped off and picked up

I thought that you still have to pay for the weight when you get a dumpster.
$x per ton + the price to rent one.

i did not have to it was 150 filled to the top …ill look around for the #

Modern Disposal transfer station on Ogden St.

As mentioned, City residents get 1 ton per year for free. Non-residents pay ~$75 per ton. Residents must show ID and utility bill to prove residency. I went with my Mom who lives in Buffalo and I had no issue dumping stuff.

Even though it says they are open M-F 7am-3pm, they do not accept residential debris between like 11-1pm.

From their website:
East Side Transfer Station
793 South Ogden Street (at Dingens Street)
Buffalo, NY 14206

Phone:
Pricing

The East Side Transfer Station accepts only [B]non-hazardous municipal and commercial solid waste. Residential and commercial customers must weigh in and out.

Hours of Operation: SUBJECT TO CHANGE

- Residential Receiving Hours:

Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm

Saturday disposal 7am to Noon

- City of Buffalo Residents must provide:

2 current forms of identification (utility bills, tax bills or drivers license) to dump up to 2000 pounds of acceptable household waste per year free. Any amount over 2000 pounds cash terms. [/B]

Questions?

City of Buffalo Residents please contact the Department of Sanitation at 851.4662.

[B]- Please take notice:

This facility accepts only non-hazardous municipal and commercial solid waste. Unacceptable wastes such as but not limited to paints, oils, propane tanks, tires, hazardous, flammable explosive materials are strictly forbidden.
[/B]

http://www.modern-corp.com/services_east.php