Need to rent a dumpster for roof shingles/ dump yard

Im tearing my roof off next week and need either a small dumpster ( drop off and pick up ) or a place where i can unload my truck bed of shingles. What do you guys think? right now i have a quote from ABC Debbris for a dumpster for $275. I would only need a small one for only the shingles.
or
somewhere i can unload my truck full of them at a dump yard or something. Maybe a junk yard or something?

Ideas?

The Transfer Station in Cheektowaga off William you can dump your truck. I did a bunch of loads there with my dad’s 1/2 ton pickup, never costed more than $15 with a overflowing 6.5’ bed.

Do you need to be a Cheektowaga resident though? Buffalo has something similar but it’s only cheap if you have a city address.

The town of Hamburg has one too. If your town doesn’t have one, just find somewhere that does and bring a friend who is a resident, and say it’s theirs and they’re just using you and your truck.

where is the transfer station in Hamburg?

How big is your roof & how many layers? I have a small dump trailer (6x10, currently limited to 4k payload by my small truck), but the dump I go to is $64/ton. I’ve tried the transfer station in Buffalo, but its way too busy to justify waiting for a $19/ton savings. The only other dump I know about near Hamburg was $75/ton.

i know “Get It” dumpsters works out of miris cash and carry on river rd ive heard that they are fairly reasonable

This thing looks pretty cool:

http://www.thebagster.com/

For the one off William, if you’re a buffalo resident you get the first ton free; if not then you gotta pay for everything you drop off. But the rates are stupid cheap like I said, <$15 for an overflowing bed of framing materials and plaster from an entire bathroom.

Are you talking about the East Side Transfer Station on S. Ogden, or is there another one in Cheektowaga?

That’s the one I was thinking of!!! I couldn’t think exactly where/name of it was. Just know how to drive there. LOL.

I just saw the commerical for this:
http://www.thebagster.com/

Then I just realized someone else already posted it

The price is about 92 bucks to have the thing picked up, plus 30 bucks for the bag itself.

Is that a good deal?

I have to do a flat roof, and I have some concrete debris from another project that I need removed…

It is on some industrial side street off Bayview, just past Big Tree if you’re heading toward Rt5. I don’t remember cost- me and Jam just dropped off a trailer full of junk for our landlord.

Jeffery blvd between Milestrip and bayview. I believe its like $60 per ton to dump there, my work uses it all the time. NEI operates it

Oh ok, that is the one I called recently, and they currently charge $75/ton. Its ridiculous. I usually go to Nu-Waste near the 400 on Union. Its $64/ton. They get you in and out really quick, and they accept credit cards.

As far as the bagster goes, I think you are pretty limited when it comes to heavy debris. It would be a decent deal if the bags were reusable, but $30 for one time use isn’t worth it for me.

JustinH - Don’t pay to dispose of concrete. Most places accept concrete separated from waste for free. Just a matter of getting it there.

I just saw a couple of these in-front of a house down the road, full of shingles, they seem like a pretty good deal, decent sized house, 50x30 ranch (estimate) and they all fit in the two of them.

Its a 1000sqft roof but two layers so around 20 sq of shingles. im guessing my total load would weigh a ton

And we’d be unloading these by hand?

It will probably weigh closer to 5000 lbs, plus waste from the new roof. I have a dump trailer, but for your situation, you are probably off just renting the dumpster. Try Craigco. Thats who I use when I need a dumpster.

i got one from abc debris $275 - $300 total depending on the weight.