WTF is this bringing back the 80's craze?

:doh: I lived thru it once, don’t wanna go there again. Eddie Money on TV right now, sounds like total ASS :puke: Why Why Why Why??? :squint:

i agree… it’s all they play in stores and places to eat around oakland… it’s fucking annoying trying to eat lunch with a bunch of dudes from work listening to a-ha

eddie money dominates

I think that marketers and advertisers are figuring out that the baby boomers are falling off as consumers and that us Generation X kids are the next big thing in spending. Pretty soon you’ll be hearing less and less 60’s and 70’s music, TV and pop culture in society and more 80’s and early 90’s stuff.

FWIW I don’t think it’s a bad thing at the moment. When it gets to a saturation point in about 10 years or so I’ll probably want to bash my head in with a Rubiks cube but for right now I’m enjoying it. I grew up in the 80’s and started working in radio in '86 so I enjoy hearing most of the music from that period. It’s the cliche stuff that you hear over and over that drives me crazy. There’s so many great underplayed or forgotten songs out there that it drives me nuts to hear the same 800 songs over and over on local radio. Thank god for vinyl, CD’s, MP3s and streaming audio on the net.

poison and cinderella are in concert this friday. every mullet headed camaro driver in the burg, and there is a shitload of them, is on an 80’s craze this week.

:weak:

you know you have a soft spot for a 3rd gen camaro with t-tops blastin def leopard. :smiley:

A-Ha and most other “radio” music is bad 80s.
Metallica is good 80s. :smiley:

true :bigthumb:

Jim I agree that we are the “target market” now…all the old music on commercials etc…and i agree w/ the same freaking 800 songs playing and none of the obscure stuff, they need to step up the game :smiley:

unfortunately I might be dragged to this, friend of hubbys got free tix, and a limo. I wouldn’t mind partying in the limo before/after, but being subjected to TWO 80’s hair bands…:doh: :eek3:

I have a hair metal mix cd in my cd collection somewhere. I will have to look for it tonight. I like a good bit of the hair metal, that was when I was doing my growing up. I was age 3-13 in the 80’s and my dad has always kept current with music, so I heard hair metal every day. :smiley:

sounds like fun!!! two hair band concerts. you will see more people trying to relive their youth:rofl:
i went to see quiet riot/warrant plus a couple others one year, because of the same reason i got free tix.

try listening to classic rock all day at work.i had to buy a damn ipod so i can hear all my rap tunes :smiley:

Man, classic rock has the worst amount of repetition of all radio formats.

i was too young for the 80’s, so i devote my life to the era.

so stop :crying: , and crank the Van Halen.

i love the motherfucking 80s.

Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Cure, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Human League, New Order, Falco, NWA, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, The Cult, Motley Crue, Europe, The Scorpions, R.E.M… all that good shit.

NWA and Motley Crue are the only good bands in your list. :smiley:

dammit, now gonna need to listen to motley crue sometime soon!

But do you have them on cassette tape?

I love hair bands…I would so go to poison and cinderella if I wasn’t so damn lazy

and I was just pumpin the beastie boys today