WTF:LCD MONITOR HELP

i have a Memorex MT1701 17 in wide screen monitor. when i turn it on the screen comes on for a second and then goes black. some times it doesnt do it for a min or so. any feedback will help. im hoping its a cheep fix considerings its a $700 monitor. but im afraid that it might be the bulb going.

700.00 monitor?, god how old is that thing.

There is no bulbs in LCD monitors.

Have you tried to put another device in it? If it does the same thing with another laptop or computer then it can point to a failing monitor. You also might want to dig up your warranty on it.

lol ^ it better be a polarized 3D monitor for that kind of coin

Are you sure its the monitor? have you tried another one to see if it’s the video card/motherboard?

You’d be better off getting a new one than repairing it. you can get 19’s pretty cheap these days

yea i have a multi screen set up on my p.c i have 2 reg. 17 lcds and a third 17in wide screen lcd and only the wide screen is bad. and yea it cost $699 my dad paid for it not me which is cool. i was just wonderin if there was anyone who might have had the same problem and could help

How long have you had it? If you are sure its the monitor dying and not your video card (move the cables on your computer to make sure) then dig up the warranty. It seems like its a hardware failure you can probably get it swapped out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEMOREX-MT1701-GOOD-LCD-PANEL-FLC43XWC6V-02T_W0QQitemZ170255848232QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3320QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

here is a replacement screen for it (if you feel comfortible opening it up and trying to fix it). However, for the same price or less, you can get a brand new widescreen 19" monitor

I don’t know how good a warrenty would be (at least manufactures… seems to be an old model). It appears that Memorex doesn’t support it either, they forward you to 3rd party companies (according to a review site). Probably their name slapped on someone elses product.

thanx for the help i will probally just buy a new one

i know sceptre monitors have capacitors that go bad in the power supplies. very easy fix. just hard to find the part. if you take the monitor apart, pull out the psu, open it up, it’s very easy to see if the capacitor is bad or not(bowed/bubbled/expanded ends).

i know it’s not a sceptre but i figure if the screen comes on for a second then dies it might be a power related issue.

it is not a power issue because the led light is still on.

$700… are you kidding… it’s not worth $200 on a good day.

ebay has a ton of parts for it if you figure out what’s wrong.

$700 new a few years back. i look at it today and sony models are like 300-400 this the hd tv not just a p.c monitor

you realize that the fact this is really just an LCD tv (720p at best) actually makes it worse than if it was a computer monitor.

look, beyond giving you shit for hyping up a POS, don’t put too much effort into fixing this because you can buy something better for almost nothing.

thats what i figured…but i was just hopin someone had a cheap fix for it but i guess thats not gonna happen…i guess ill just have to pick up a new one

just fyi, the screen takes more power to run than an LED

tru tru