WTH: VB.Net developer

My employer is looking for an experienced VB6/VB.Net developer. We are a VB6 shop in the process of moving our credit union software package to VB.Net

http://www.buffaloniagara.org/Home/OurRegion/GrowYourCareer/LookingForEmployment/JobSeekers/ViewJobs?id=12732

The .Net version we are just starting to write will be running on a PostgreSQL backend. If you’ve got Oracle experience you’ll be right at home in Postgre.

What we do:
We provide turn key solutions for small to medium sized credit unions. Everything from our custom software, to computers, printers, hardware/software support, even statement printing. The company has been around since the 80’s and is signing new customers all the time. Locally owned/operated, 30 something employees. Free single health care, very reasonable employee contributions for family plan, 401k, profit sharing after 1 year, bonuses.

Very laid back place. Almost zero turnover. The other “new guy” in my department has been here 6 years. :lol:

PM me with questions or follow the apply link at BuffaloNiagara.org. You would be interviewing with my boss but I’ll have a big say in who gets hired since I’m in charge of the new version of our product.

Please don’t waste our time with, “I’m good with computers” blank resumes. We’re looking for real .net/vb6 database programming experience.

Do you guys consider contract worker?

Let programmer A works with agency B, such that your company C talks with agency B to hire programmer A?

No, we’re looking for a full timer. Don’t want to spend a bunch of time getting some up to speed with our very large program only to have them bail in a year or less.

I’ll have been here 2 years in January and it took me a good 6 months just to get a good grasp on most of the programs and how the data flows through them all. I don’t want to brag but I’m pretty damn good at what I do so I would expect most hires to take that long or more.

Got it.

Just curious, your company willing to file for H-1B visa?

Probably not on the H-1B. Again, mostly because they really look long term with employees here and if someone isn’t a citizen it just makes it seem more likey it’s not a long term relationship.

sigh

hm…where should I bring my programming talent after I graduate…? :frowning:

let’see…canada…australia…europe…? hm… :gotme:

good luck finding a good programmer for your company!

given the current situation, i completely agree with you. :wink:

well, maybe later next year when the congress decided to remove the quota for people who graduated with master’s degree from US university…MAYBE then you guys can consider hiring me… :sario:

Sorry, just trying to be honest so neither of us end up wasting our time.

I wish I was 2 years ahead and had experience in VB. This is exactly the sort of thing I’ll be looking for in a year or two.

So close yet so far away, I am fluent in VBA, C#.net and MySQL, plus several others. However I haven’t had time or the need to delve into VB.net, or tinker with postgreSQL

I assume that this is a decently compensated position?