WTT 99 Cobra IRS for 99-04 GT solid axle

Like title says, I am looking to trade my irs cobra rear for a solid axle from a 99-04 GT or Mach 1. Anyone interested?

… do you have the poly bushings and bolts that get rid of the notorious clunk?

I put poly bushings in the front of the irs, but I did not do the aluminum rear. I read too many “too noisy/viberation” reviews.

did they make a big difference? i’m not a fan of the alum either. i’m gonna try MMFLSFC and the MM poly’s front and rear. go from there.

try posting this on svtperformance and modeularfords i’m sure somebody there will want it.

I grenaded the aluminum rear so I replaced it with the iron. The poly bushings did help but the stock bushings needed to be replaced regardless, so how much they helped, I really don’t know.

so does this mean ur keeping the car?

Not really. I am still going to sell it but if for some reason it doesn’t sell, this is what I was going to do next anyway.

Try corral, or stangnet theres alot of guys looking for the cobra rears

I was hoping to find somebody local so I don’t have to try to ship it

just out of curiousity… if cobra owners swap to non-cobra rears… why would the stock live axle fellas want an IRS?

I’m sticking by IRS (cuz my car makes no powers), but it doesn’t seem real common to try and make it work.

sorry for the off-topic education, but free bump for you!

You can put more power to the SRA 8.8’s without worries of it breaking alot, and the GOOD IRS shit is wicked coin!

gotcha thanks.

please continue with your regularly scheduled for sale thread:

Bump