WTB: Audi coupe Quattro, 80, 90 complete rear suspension and dif, etc.

Simple as that I just need this…

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3470&stc=1&d=1296851233

I know a few of you guys, Nick, JVG, Adam, Yetti, Brett… might have some connections.

To be honest with you, it doesn’t need to be necessarily a VAG rear setup. Just a smallish compact IRS rear diff, crossmember and shit that will hold good power 500tq or so.

yes, to the answer you already have in your head the moment you read the title. :ninja

99-04 cobra IRS? mine held 540rwtq in bone stock form.

that was an idea too. What would something like that resale for? from guys going solid rear I assume. Dont want to drop $2000 on that shit, when I could find the entire audi donor car for dirt cheap.

they for around 500 give or take, they are everywhere too. A lot of drag racers swap it for a solid axle.

hummm… I will look more into that then. thanks! didnt think they would go that cheap.

I would pm eatonualive on here as I know he had plans of going solid axle and will have a stock rear

A lot of the newer ford SUVs have 8.8" IRS. explorer, mountaineer, ect. The rest of the suspension will have to be more sedan oriented tho. Older Eclipse GSX would be a good suspension as well. I would want to try and stay with the Audi VW parts tho if I was you.

Are you going RWD or AWD. I would love to see a RWD slick and skinned Jetta

Yaa you could always go the 4bolt route out of the 92 and up awd dsm’s

You get the golden star for the day. :rofl

I am talking with someone right now working on bellhousing to put a GM bolt pattern GM trans on a 1.8T.

Ass end would be somewhat easy. most of those cradles are 4-8 bolt in deals, and some strut tower mounts. I just want something cheap and will hold power. without blowing to pieces when I launch it.

how well do the dsm’s hold power back there. only thing I worry about is with a awd car, putting 100% power to the rear when prior it got 50-70% only… Is that cobra stuff Dave mentioned the same as an IRS exploder?

what about an older vette?

negative

The dsm rear ends take quite a bit of abuse but if you are going for straight rwd they may offer more for the cobra rear ends as far as beefed up parts

a bone stock cobra IRS would take whatever that 1.8t could throw at it. if you really wanna get fancy throw some bushings in it.

pm sent

rgr that. I cound a irs cobra setup for $650 withou the diff or $1k for the diff… a little more than I wanted to spend, by quite a bit actually. lol Ill keep lookin thought.

replied buddy.

and ditto on the GSX stuff, that was what I thought too. and I cant really find anything yet.

The cobra setup looks stout as hell, and heavy too. but looks like cake to bolt up.

The Vette C5 would be sweet, and they are all over too. They are light, almost everything is aluminum. but its a 4 link type thing. a little complicated to mock up under a unibody car like the jetta. BUT I have a guy who put the same rear into a hot rod and would be able to help. the Dana center is stoute too, all aluminum, and the bat wing that mounts the diff is cake to mount under the car too. aluminum cv’s are cool too.

200r?

C5 rear

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3471&stc=1&d=1296856136

leaf sprung so its just a shock mount up top. all aluminum. only thing is stock the diff is a 2.73. yikes.

C4 rear

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3472&stc=1&d=1296856461

would need coilovers. 4 link geometry issues. slightly taller r&p but still… its only 3.03 or something like that. I dont need a 200mph rear end!

what do you mean?

just build a tube chassis, drop jetta shell on top. tin it all up. done.

/\ thats about where it is now! lol

picking up a quattro rear from JVG. measurements I took say its going to be cake to put it in back there.