WTB: Audi coupe Quattro, 80, 90 complete rear suspension and dif, etc.

you are outta your fuckin mind

do you ever stfu

I wouldn’t go as far as saying that… There’s going to be alot more to it than just hacking and welding with the plasma and tig. You don’t get this dialed in perfectly straight and parallel and your car won’t track straight to save your life.

Are you going to run the entire rear subframe from the audi with the LCA’s and strut housings/uprights, or are you planning a different subframe/suspension in back?

sounds like a hell of an undertaking mr mike. good luck!

plan on making it simple as can be.

jetta frame rails (if you call it that) are 12" wider and about 8 inches longer back there than the cradle the entire rear suspension sits in. (28.5X17.5 are the 4 mounting bolt locations for the Audi rear) the rear dif top to bottom of cradle is 10" tall. right now the rear frame rails VS the lowest point in the front of the car is 12"… leaving me with 2" wiggle room to drop the mounts and rear quattro assembly down (lifting the car) 2" if need be.

Out back the idea is to plate in the rear frame rails. to start with a clean slate. then make a rectangular frame that will over lap the frame rails (40" X xx". then use some 1/4" plate to locate the 4 mounting holes for the quattro cradle. If I use 1.5" dom, the bottom of the cradle should be about where the bottom of the front cross member is already. As long as the suspension arms are where they want to be in their travel at that point I am good. if not I adjust it up or down to fix the control arm angle.

Apparently 034 makes offset spherical solid sub frame mounts. I find the outside dia of those mounts and get a pipe and weld it on the 1/4 plates on my adapter frame. that way the offset mounts could ride in there and I can adjust the entire audi cradle around; forward, left, right back up to how eve much the offset is on the bushings… mock it all up and put it on the alignment rack to dia it in. Even if they dont make them anymore, 4 aluminum blanks spun on a late and bore a hole offset and its done.

as for the struts, life would be grand if they ended up inside the rear shock location out back. if not, I cut a big section of the inner shell out and make something up there work. or run a coilover off the hubs out back and make a hoop tube mount to hang the damper off.

I still need to take apart both axles and measure hub to hub to find out how far off the widths are. just measuring the tires the 4000 is 62" wide, and the mk4 is 68". who knows the wheel offsets and widths so I take that with a grain of salt.

The rear of the jetta is gone, and once JVG cuts the nutts off the struts, the entire thing will be out of the 4000. We ran outa batteries, tools and time sat trying to get it out. Then I can roll it under the car, jack stand it up close and drop the shell over it on the lift and take a general look at wtf I have to do. :thumbup

MK4 rear track 58.8"
4000 rear track 55.8"

so 1.5" on each side the 4000 is narrower. As long as the components and strut/hub dont contact the rear of the jetta shell, I am in good shape. I could always run a different offset wheel out back or a small spacer and offset to match the front.