Xbox One

…Looks like Microsoft is gonna admit that the stupid ass anti-consumer DRM policy is a fucking failure and might be announcing to completely reverse course on their convoluted and barbaric policies.

…News at 11

What’s to stop me from putting a piece of tape over the camera while I’m not using it?

http://i.imgur.com/C8pzJQX.png

LOL, this will probably go down in history as the worst Microsoft fail, and overall gaming industry fail of all time. I will give them some credit for man up enough courage to pull their fucking heads out of their asses and DO THE RIGHT THING! A win for consumer but still not buying their shit. :rofl

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console – there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

source: Your Feedback Matters – Update on Xbox One - Xbox Wire

So, sounds like they got rid of the family sharing feature for downloaded titles? I wish they had kept that so me and my brother could still split the games…

Yup, they took that feature out. Pissing off 15% of their potential customers is better than pissing off 90% of the general public. At the end of the day it is all about money. No harm done, people that are gonna buy it will buy it no matter what MS do…you probably would be a good example.:rofl

Looks like they might be doing a SKU without the fucking kinect to match PS4’s pricing…more to come…News at 11.

I was not 100% sold on the XBOne, but this definitely gets a sale from me. 360 ‘features’ with better future gaming (graphics, etc.). I’m sold.

I was considering the PS4, but like I said before, I prefer the XBox controller, Live system, etc. to that of the PS.

http://hdguru.com/is-your-new-hdtv-watching-you/

took this from that link. similar to the freakyness of xbox…

“While Web cameras and Internet connectivity are not new to HDTVs, their complete integration is, and it’s the always connected camera and microphones, combined with the option of third-party apps (not to mention Samsung’s own software) gives us cause for concern regarding the privacy of TV buyers and their friends and families.”

Your camera on the laptop can be hacked now to spy on you…

Where’s your god now?

Plus according to you, your phone listens to you in the pocket now anyway just by being on your person, what are they going to find out that they don’t already know?

Whatever people think how the “family Share” plan works, it is not how it will work. Obviously, MS NEVER share the details of exactly how the “Family Share” plan work, but instead just showing people the glossy cover. Until now.

READ THIS: Heartbroken MS employee - Pastebin.com

…Anyone who you deem to be family had access to these games regardless of where they are in the world. There was never any catch to that, they didn’t have to share the same billing address or physical address it could be anyone. When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour. This allowed the person to play the game, get familiar with it then make a purchase if they wanted to. When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game. We were toying around with a limit on the number of times members could access the shared game (as to discourage gamers from simply beating the game by doing multiple playthroughs).

IF anyone think that “Family Share” plan can just let you buy 1 copy and 10 other people can simply play it for free is living in the lalaland. The family Shared plan is nothing more than a glorified DEMO.

Your game can share with 10 people, they can play it for between 15~60 mins at a time then you will pop out of the game into Xbox market place to prompt you to buy it. You only have a limited number of times to play it like this for the logical reason to prevent anyone from finish as game without ever buying it.

:crackupNow that is marketing!

:lol