YouTube BBcode

A lot of forums have started adding the BBcode for youtube

i.e. [youtube][/youtube] This would be handy for embedding youtube videos in posts for DIY videos, car videos etc. for the forums.

I’d even make a gif for it…Just and idea.

speaking of which(ie: thread jack), what happened to videos opening in the post instead of linking to a new tab? is it my browser that I am missing an add on or something? (ff, btw)

links to videos?

they open in post for me. im running mozilla firefox 3.0.5

I approve.

There is a few ways to approach this one…

Example -
youtu.be/JFwCCL0Vh6U

or you can have it take the entire URL …

The unique identifier way is much easier

This is easy to implement, and we have discussed it prior to this. At this point however it is a no go.

why not?

I’m not too familiar with vBulletin boards but other ones I’ve managed it’s just adding a simple script to the board.

…this is nyspeed

there’s always an excuse

No, no excuse. Just not doing it at this point.

I’m a little teapot
Short and stouts
Here is my handle
Here is my spout
When I get all steamed up
I just shout
Tip me over and pour me out

I’m a little teapot
Short and stouts
Here is my handle
Here is my spout
I just shout

I don’t call that an excuse or a weak one for that matter.

This is still not a democracy. You are free to make suggestions and Lord Daddie makes the final decision. Deal with it.

Lord Daddie sounds like someone I wanna hang out with… Did I mention I like the submissive role?

I’m a little teapot
Short and stouts
Here is my handle
Here is my spout
I just shout

I’m a little teapot
Short and stouts
Here is my handle
Here is my spout
I just shout

If you’re looking for a reason, here ya go:

Because this…

… would never happen.

Seriously, none of you guys would use it for automotive stuff. Instead it would encourage the OT-only people here to post more stupid vid threads and further tilt the balance of the forum away from automotive topics.

Maybe if people were actually posting a lot of DYI or car vids on this forum we’d all see a need for it. But until that happens, the OT-only members here will just have to live with posting a link.

Thank you Onyx… You’re reminding me about how shit used to get done on this site. This explanation is more than enough!

You are still a teapot.

Is that even possible?

I thought this was a politcal, baby making, house renovating forum?

Good call. I was just told an answer and not a reason and I refuse to put words into someones mouth. Your reasoning makes sense seeing as the OP has 490 posts and only 20 of them have been in an automotive related thread or classified.

13508 topics in the Automotive forum

26544 topics in the Off Topic Forum

Looks like I’m not the only one…