Z O2 Sensor Opinion

My fluctuating idle and stumbling issue came up again last Friday (Josh already knows about this) and the ECU brought up a new code…Oxygen Sensors. Fortunately I had them already as I thought these could be the issue when this problem came up a few weeks ago. In short, cleaning the MAF sensors cleared up the problem but apparently bad 02 sensors produce the same symptoms.

Looking for a professional opinion on the ones removed. Since I’ve never had to replace them, in any vehicle, I don’t know if these show any symptoms of other problems or if they look “normal”. I did notice the passenger side was markedly darker than the driver’s side. I don’t feel good about that. I don’t know if either of them look “like they should” for a used 02. Your opinions would help. Thanks for the time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19068[/ATTACH]

why bother with those just buy new

Did you even read what he wrote or did you just look at the pictures and guess?

i pulled the 02s from my maxima when i had it cause i was getting an 02 code…mine looked a little burnt with like an ashy color…not quite white…the darker one looks like that bank is running rich which could be the fault of a bad 02…again just my past experience with my nissans

i could very well be wrong

Those don’t look new at all.

I keed, I keed. GL, hope you get the lil bugs worked out and it was nice meeting you yesterday.

They look like any of the bad sensors that I’ve pulled. I’ve never pulled one before it went bad so I can’t say if they are cleaner when they’re functioning properly.

Going to put a few more miles on it tonight and see if she’s still running back to “normal”. Don’t think I want to pull them back out anytime soon to see how they’re doing. Thanks for the input.