Loss of Power / Stuttering above 1.5k RPM

Faulty o2 sensor?

Bad o2 should be bypassed if you go WOT?

Dying dizzy, bad plugs, clogged fuel filter, dying fuel pump…

Skip the shop, give @Devioustsi a PM, he should give up some Avenger love.

MAF?

I cant get the upstream o2 sensor out to see if it runs better (if it is a clogged cat which i def think it is). Car has been sitting for a week, devioustsi is too busy this weekend. Anyone else feel like taking a gander and maybe help getting this sensor out? Will pay $$. I’m located in West Seneca. Im home all day today and tomorrow.

Why do you think it’s a clogged cat? There are a million things it could be.

My first guess would be MAF.

Had the car for 2 months. The first time I test drove it, the exhaust smelled like sulfur (rotten eggs) but went away quickly. That was the first red flag something might be wrong with the cat but figured it was just burning off residue from sitting. Well, after a few weeks the stuttering started real minor on cold starts and went away once the car warmed up and was driven for a couple miles. I would also notice the tone from my exhaust changing drastically once it warmed up. Sounded better and louder. But now the stuttering isn’t going away, the muffler doesn’t sound right, and the cabin is getting pretty damn warm.

Car was modded by previous owner with AEM CAI, full exhaust, a header, fart cannon and one of the two converters were removed.

Oh yeah and no CEL.

I’m not saying I know 100% it’s the converter, just my best guess and the opinion of a couple others. I’m willing to pay to have someone look at it, I just dont want to be raped at a shop. I will try removing and cleaning the MAP (no MAF on this 420a). I suck at cars though.

Do a compression test to make sure its not the head gasket. Everyone knows those 420a motors are useless without perfectly flat surfaces and MLS gaskets

Plug wires. Start there.

^That was the problem with the stuttering. Runs better but I found out it needs a new cam seal, timing belt + tensioner. Might as well do the HG while replacing all of that too. The cat does need to be replaced still but it wasn’t the main culprit.