Bad ride into work this morning...need some help!

I started my car up this morning and wouldnt start for 2 or 3 times…then finally it did…i let the car wamr up for a second then drove off…car drove well till i got around the kenmore avenue exit on the 190 where is started sputtering and i pulled to the shoulder and sat there for a sec…while sitting there it sputtered and i eventually shut the car off…started back up again no problem…then got to grand island and the same shit happened again…the funny thing is i drove the car all weekend with no problems… i was wondering if anyone can help me out here…

thanks

fuel filter
plugged cat
maybe

Do you have a CEL on?

yeah…i checked at autozone and my o2 sensor is blown

But would that have anything to do with the sputtering?

Not particularly (in the long term it can, but it would most likeley not be intermittent)…but when did you get that checked?

yesterday

primary or secondary O2 sensor

well im off to get my fuel filter changed now…hope thats the problem

fuel filter is a cheap thing to replace for peice of mind. its probably your cat mike, you got like 100k on that thing dont ya?

yeah nick, around 107k…i got the fuel filter changed on my lunch today and drove it around a bit…a while actually…runs alot smoother than this morning…i might look at the cat also…

ok so let me get this straight. your computer is telling you there is a problem, and you completely ignore that and replace something else? while the filter may be a problem, if a primary O2 sensor is bad it will run like dog shit and they usually fail intermitently.

thank you that is why i asked

i didnt ignore that i needed a new O2 sensor…ordered one last night and i have to wait a day to get it

Easy way to test if it is causing the sputtering is to go WOT and see if sputtering goes away in the open loop where it igonres oxygen sensors. That is also why it probably runs decent for a while (in warm-up open loop mode) but as soon as it warms up and goes closed loop (listening to o2 sensors) - bam, herepes.

^wow, someone else who knows the same stuff as me, very well put