240sx sputtering

Well my 91 fastback is sputtering, and has absolutely NO balls, if i give it a little bit of throttle it climbs through the RPMs no problem, but if i mat it it sputters from about 1200 rpm, to about 4000 rpm, i cleaned the MAF and there wasnt a change, put some sea foam in it tonight. also, if i manage to get the back tires spinning, then let off the throttle quick it will stall… might be a different problem but to me its not getting enough fuel. no codes either… so… where do i start? help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

engine???

Really dude?

Good chance a sensor is fucking something around. Get an FSM if you haven’t already (Couple links in FAQ), should be a variety of troubleshooting for engine sensor. Also pull the plugs to check for fouling but if it’s something that recently happened it’s probably a sensor that went loopy. (TPS maybe)

*Derp saw you have no codes.

If your thinking it’s a fuel problem, hook up and test the fuel pressure if you’ve got the tools and check the fuel filter as well.

Sorry, its a 100% stock Ka24de, no tool to test fuel pressure :confused: also put new plugs in it about 3,000 km ago and a fuel filter about 2,000 ago. i unplugged the o2 sensor and didnt get a check engine light… same with the MAF… but the car ran different when either was unplugged. is that normal? i drive it for about 15 mins without the o2 unplugged and still didnt get a light.

It should have thrown a light, do all your dash lights work? My interior wiring is screwed so I always have to use a reader to check for codes that would throw lights, its a stretch but not that far.

nope, all the lights come on when i turn the key on…ecm?

ordered a cap and rotor for it today

Check fuel filter…seriously

spark plugs??? start with cheap easy fix…

My bad, just read another post about 3k plugs… Check compression if you’ve done MAF/plugs/filter/cap,rotor

I just put one in it…seriously

Sounds like not enough fuel. If it was a bad Maf the car wouldn’t run at all. Spark plugs the car would studder at idle, I think it has to do with fuel

I drove a 93 fastback today (also auto) and it made me realize how my car SHOULD run. Lets say that it is the FPR, what routes can i go? other then spending $500 on a replacement.

i have a fpr off a KA24E, should be the same, u can have it for 10 bucks, or buy a nismo one, 114.

what about these adjustable ones on ebay? anyone ever try one?

noticed today that it runs fine when its cold

I recently had a similar problem in my 90 hatch. Verify your ECM is firing a signal to all your injectors…In my case it turned out the ECM was only signalling 2 injectors…hence my ECM was replaced and all was good !.. pull your plug wires one at a time when its idling and see if there is a change in the way it runs each time…obviously if the plug is firing and there is fuel in that cylinder the car should run worse when you pull the plug wire…you should also be able to hear or feel each injector opening and closing when the car is running…a stuck injector or one not being signalled consitantly from your ECM could be your issue! Good Luck!

well i just went out to check that out and now it wont even run fires then just shakes like hell at about 300 rpm and dies… pretty sure thats loss of compression?

EDIT: went out 20 mins later and it runs… pulled the wires and it ran noticeably worse… now what… so tempted to just junk it

still sounds like a sensor to me, are u getting diffrent colour exhaust? blue, black or excessive white?

no smoke at all

Change your ecm