2009 Spring Tri-Vette Auto-X

WRX stock STI suspension>Odyssey Type R with Progresso Progress Progressive Springs :rofl

:facepalm

what’re you picking up for suspension and what car do you have?

ill be there with my black car!
i wouldnt mind driving the mr2 either

you think theyd hate me if I tried to slide around their go kart track? :rofl

A couple of the corvettes and a camaro got sideways a little bit last year…I dont know if it was on purpose though…lol

Cliff, I’m going to open another thread for this on 518carscene, I’ll have a spot for us and you keep a tally of shift guys coming

Benny-there is a old guy with a 240 that was doing some ok times doing lil drifts around the track lol, he says he makes it pretty not fast

Hopefully I’ll have my car useable by then… haha- it’s pretty much been parked since the last autocross in October I think… If I can get the struts swapped out on the Impreza (and some kind of tires for it), maybe I’ll even try to squeeze that in… yup, definitely feeling lazy this year.

:rofl

Sure it is, when im on my economy tires. Just paid for the sumitomo htrz’s. To the op i am getting the ground control koni combo, seems im 150 short right now. ANyway i already have an 05 types rear sway(21mm), spoon tie bar, and adjustable endlinks. This is all on my ep3.

I’ll probably be in then, we’ll see.

Super secret suspension ordered today!

:Idiots

btw, sumitumo tires suck dick.

we’re all so scared :ohnoes

and +1 on the sumitomos sucking. i thought you said you weren’t cheaping out on this car and were getting the star specs :Idiots

(cue off topic remark towards me about my SER sucking/being a waste of money, an M3 sucking/being a waste of money, me being an idiot, “this guy on clubep3.com said”, etc.)

Cheaping out? fuck he got an OBX header, now Sumitumo tires(CHEAP ASS SHIT tires), I can only imagine what this secret suspension is.:facepalm

ebay coils son. Actually the sumitomos got a much better review than the dz101’s. Also this car is my daily driver so why get the star specs which suck balls in the rain and lose tread like crazy? Also you might happen to think the obx header sucks but it is temporary until i swap. Youll like the suspension joey since you lied and told me you were on koni ground controls. LOL Cmon give me one more facepalm i havent seen it enough.

check again, broski

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp?sortValue=2&filterType=all&resultsNumberSelected=Y&displayResults=103&compare=true&compareList=33%2C94&RunFlat=All&goWhere=%252Ftires%252FCompare1.jsp&sortCode=&width=245%2F&ratio=40&diameter=18&startIndex=0

and those are the HTRZ II s which are better than the ones you got

and wtf are “dz101’s”? lol

no matter how you twist it, you cheaped out. any tire that is street legal will do just fine in the rain unless you’re trying to pull 2.0 lateral G’s, so that’s a lame excuse, as is treadwear, because you’ll supposedly be making maaaaaad $$$ this summer so that shouldn’t be an issue, and as you say, you’re “all about auto X” even though you’ve never done one.

just dont try and twist it to say sumitomo>star specs, admit you cheaped out and move on

whatever, not my car

star specs: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec

korean shizzz you bought: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z

and from an NSX owner (teh best car evarrrrrrrrr) on tirerack.com:

This is a staggering street tire. Let’s face it, the NSX has seen a few tires in it’s 18 years. These are by far, hands down, the best tire I’ve used on the car. The NSX shows handling deficits in other mundane brands I’ve tried like Pole Position 2’s/3’s, ContiSport Contact2’s/3’s, Mich Pilots, etc etc. Not this tire. Turn in is sharp, cornering hold is predictable and very aggressive, braking ----s your eyeballs out of their sockets. I am not gentle on these at all; ramping the on/offramps will have your partners seeking divorce/breakup/exit from the vehicle. Can you tell these are fun tires yet? Tread compound heats up quickly like racing rubber, but wears like it, too. Be prepared for replacing the NSX rears by 8k. Oh, and don’t ‘delay’ replacing the rears too when you see the treadwear going; these babies hydroplane easily with their huge tread blocks when they’re near the end of life. Being reasonably priced, this is really a no brainer guys. Don’t waste your time even looking for another brand, I’ve tried them all. Z1 Star Specs get the crown.

Ahh kramer nice find. However the htrII are not made for a 15 inch wheel. You go and bash the htr because its korean junk then you say the htrII is a great tire?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z

Yeah it got terrible review too. Oh wait. You would know about hydroplaning because you actually drive your car in incliment weather. OH wait thats right your parents dont let you? Run the Se-r at the vette course, we all know your gonna have it.

:hijacked:hijacked:hijacked:hijacked

(i hope the golf course opens up soon so i can start making $$$ again and not sit on my ass having arguments on shift every weekday afternoon :rofl:rofl )

Yeah kramer ethug it up. UMM im talking about the day last spring when you got the car and it rained and you couldnt drive to school lol. Dont say it never happened chuck remembers too