MoHud SCCA Auto X Sat and Sun April 25/26, 2009

Just realized that there isn’t a thread for this auto X yet or an (un)official shift attendance thing yet.

Here’s the MoHud SCCA auto X schedule threat that Eric (EJEvo )made:
http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=6807

MoHud’s website (auto X is “SOLO” ):
http://www.mohud-scca.org/

Location: Adirondack Community College ( 640 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY 12804 ) :

Google Maps puts it at one hour on the dot away from the Crossgates Mall and I87/I90 junction in Guilderland, so nothing crazy far away.

Schedule:

7:45 am - Registration and Tech open
8:30 am - Course open for walking
9:15 am - Registration closed
9:30 am - Tech closed
$10 late fee for late registration
10:00 am - Drivers Meeting
10:30 am - First Car Off

If you plan on attending more than one or two of the MoHud SCCA events this year, it would make financial sense to become a member of the SCCA. If you’re under 24, this will cost you $45 per year and if you’re 25 or older it is $65. Being a member brings registration costs per event down from $40-45 down to $20-25 (I can’t remember the exact costs from last year). On top of the lower registration costs you get a packet full of useful discounts, from car parts distributors to rental car companies and a year subscription to “Sportscar” magazine which is loaded with auto X, rally X and other tips, parts, accessories, reviews, articles, etc.

Some more information from Eric (EJEvo):

[quote=“EJEvo”"]

Pretty good, Ryan. Just some quick corrections - I want to make sure no one misses out on discounts if they decide to get a membership:

Event entry fees:
$25 - member
$40 - non-member (aka “temporary membership”)

First Gear membership (< 25yrs old) - $45/yr
No membership fee discount beyond the First Gear discount.

Individual membership (25+yrs old) - $80/yr ($65 nat + $15 local dues)
Discounts:

1. If someone is interested in an Individual membership, make sure you get a referral from a member, and you get $15 off your 1st year’s membership fee ($80-$15=$65). Just ask a member for their membership number to put on the application.

2. If you decide to join later, you can apply up to 3 events’ temp memberships towards a full membership ($15/event - up to $45 total = $35 up to $65 for 1st yr membership).

Lastly, a note on temp memberships:
On those weekends where we have 2 events (like 4/25-4/26), 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday, since a temp membership is good for 3 days, if you enter a Saturday event, then you pay the member price ($25) for the Sunday event.

Hope that helps. If you have questions, just let me know.

[/quote]

SCCA joining info can be found here: http://www.scca.org/joinnow.aspx

So… who’s coming?

(username, real name, car)

1. kramerbuccs24 ---- Ryan --------- 1988 MR2 S/C (24 STS)
  2. Hooked on 240 ----- Jeff ---------- S13
  3. dkid15 ------- -------Bobby --------2002 civic
  4. 1stgen---------------Tom------------VW rabbit? scirocco? corrado? cant remember. lol
  5. crAppAchicO--------Lyndon----------CRX
  6. thecor---------------Corey-----------2002 civic si (55 STs)

“guest list”

1. xreaction112-------Jae
  2. K20power----------Joey
  3. Lew-----------------Lew
  4. Jclark---------------Jesse

get out of here

ok.

Ill most likly be in attendence.

add j00.

you do have an S13… right?

ya.

thought it might have been an s14 for some reason.

I’ll be there…

…doin’ the stanky leg

Will be in attendence for the 26th.
dkid15-Bobby-2002 civic

Pretty good, Ryan. Just some quick corrections - I want to make sure no one misses out on discounts if they decide to get a membership:

Event entry fees:
$25 - member
$40 - non-member (aka “temporary membership”)

First Gear membership (< 25yrs old) - $45/yr
No membership fee discount beyond the First Gear discount.

Individual membership (25+yrs old) - $80/yr ($65 nat + $15 local dues)
Discounts:

1. If someone is interested in an Individual membership, make sure you get a referral from a member, and you get $15 off your 1st year’s membership fee ($80-$15=$65). Just ask a member for their membership number to put on the application.

2. If you decide to join later, you can apply up to 3 events’ temp memberships towards a full membership ($15/event - up to $45 total = $35 up to $65 for 1st yr membership).

Lastly, a note on temp memberships:
On those weekends where we have 2 events (like 4/25-4/26), 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday, since a temp membership is good for 3 days, if you enter a Saturday event, then you pay the member price ($25) for the Sunday event.

Hope that helps. If you have questions, just let me know.

Awesome, thanks Eric, just added that to the first post.

I will be there to rule all…discuss…

I feel like I should go take pictures…

Thats a great idea…we never get to take pictures because we are kinda busy doing car stuff…i only get a chance to take pictures at track events.

Someone drive my ass up there, the Eclipse hates it’s life.

I leave from c.p…thats where the batmobile resides…

theres a batcave in c.p? who knew…

updated first post.

There are a couple of batcaves in C.P…

I’m pretty sure I’ll be there- just gotta get working on ‘de-winterizing’ the heap.