MoHud SCCA 2009 Autocross Schedule (Tentative)

The Solo Advisory Committee of the Mohawk-Hudson Region SCCA met this afternoon and put together our tentative 2009 season schedule. No locations will be specified until we are able to confirm with the sites.

April 25 - School / Test&Tune at ACC
April 26 - Event 1 at ACC

May 2 - Test and Tune at Seneca Army Depot (Romulus NY)
May 31 - Event 2 at ACC

June 28 - Event 3 at McCarty Ave OGS Lot, Albany

July 11 - School / Test&Tune at McCarty Ave OGS Lot, Albany
July 12 - Event 4 at McCarty Ave OGS Lot, Albany

Aug 16 - Event 5 at Clifton Park Center (lot behind Boscov’s)
Aug 30 - Event 6 at Wilton Mall

Sept 12? - Adirondack Corvette Club event at Prospect Mtn.
Sept 20 - Event 7 at McCarty Ave OGS Lot, Albany

Oct 4 - Event 8 at McCarty Ave OGS Lot, Albany

*Edited 3/19 to add ACC location to events.
ACC - Adirondack Community College

The schools are a good way for beginners to get a taste of autocrossing, and to pick up a few pointers from instructors who will be available to ride with you. Or, if you’re already a seasoned autocrosser, the school also acts as a “test and tune”, which allows you to shake the rust off your driving skills, test your new setup/parts, or just have some fun.

Back-to-back events: You may run 1 or both of those events such as the April 25-26 or July 11-12 events. If you aren’t an SCCA member, your temporary membership on the 1st day’s event gives you member pricing on your 2nd day’s entry. I’ll confirm entry fee amounts, but they should be the same as last year from what I remember.

You can follow the updates on MoHud’s forum (http://www.mohud-scca.org/Discuss/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1704), but I’ll try to post updates here, too.

Definitely attending a few, in what car not sure yet, but hopefully this year I’ll be able to bring my own instead of beating my friends in their own cars :lol

Excellent - hope to see you out. Yeah, try not to beat your friends in their own cars, it’s a humiliating experience… or so I hear. cough cough

I will be in attendance

Great. Make sure you guys introduce yourselves if you come out- I’ll be the guy sweating it out whether the damn timing software will behave or not before we start (hoping to put those issues to rest with some updates and troubleshooting with the vendor in February). I’d like to put some faces with screen names.

Don’t feel too bad, he only beat you by like a full second :smiley:

And I’ll be at most if not all of them… watching :frowning:

$$$>me this summer

Russ got me by .019 secs, and Bert by .063 secs. (But of course, it was their first (Bert) or second (Russ) time driving the car. :’( )

And that’s the way they thank me for letting them co-drive when their cars were broke…

STI=no auto-x since meth is illegal:( My sisters Rabbit however… :slight_smile:

Justin - Do you have a non-meth tune you can run? If so, just show up w/ the meth tank empty and I’m pretty sure we’ll let you run. I love to watch Rabbits, especially the older gens, run the courses. They usually are on 3 wheels in the turns.

Justin and a no meth tune don’t mix well :wink:

I’ll probably be showing up to one or two of these to see how your car runs. I am going to be getting a “grant” to produce that prototype component I discussed with you via email over the past few days, and you know who’s car is the glorious guinea pig right? :smiley:

The make and model of the car I’ll be attending it in, squarely depends on this good Sir.

Body structure as well :ninja

might be attending one or 2 if i get the car i want

Haahah!, yeah you’re on the to-do-very-soon list. Once I get the BMW’s done, yours and Jon’s cars are coming back in :slight_smile:

:shifty:shifty

whaddaya lookin at

either a 240 or an audi maybe

just a daily i can auto-x

you cant decide shit. you go from 240 to s10 to jetta to audi to bagged s10 back to 240

YEA DAWG you can’t decide shit!!!

I will be present for these races. No kramer you can not copilot the car. Or be the second driver whatever the term is.

What is this autocross? Explain