Who does Autocross?

Well after talking to the guys at Swerve, I was thinking about maybe trying out doing some autocross this summer when they go. Who else on here does it and where/ when do you guys do it? Any info would be great!

Do a search for onyx syndicate.

the correct search would yield:

http://forums.wny-scca.com/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=e133ddd34ce09a1d65d539924e2acfc6

I do Autocross in FLR/CNY chapters of SCCA and GVC BMWCCA. You should come out! It’s fun.

^ you are constantly dipping your hands into a million cookie jars… all at the same time, never for more than a season. :lol:

I do. The WNY schedule will probably be posted in another week. The link the Jeremy posted is the right place to be - http://forums.wny-scca.com.

If you have never done it before, don’t sweat it. Show up to an event, tell the guy at the registration table (probably me) that you are new and he’ll point you in the right direction.

This thread might help: http://forums.wny-scca.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

However if the guy at the table is pastey white and has ginger hair, you might want to watch when you walk away… sometimes when you turn around he gets fresh :mamoru:

kidding, he’s ok, and will probably help you.

If there is a novice school this year (jim is there a novice school this year?) you should certainly go to that. you will get a ton of seat time in and will learn the ropes… it is probably the best bang for your buck.

i do

The novice school is being slated for June again, because ECCN doesn’t want us running on saturdays while school is in session.

There are a great bunch of people willing to help a novice in WNY, FLR too.

WNY runs a very efficient autocross that results in usually getting a lot of runs. That’s a good thing. It also results in a pretty busy day where you run/work/run/work with very little downtime to eat or relax, especially if the attendance numbers are low. I know at a couple events last year they did a lunch time break because the rotations were going so fast.

Read the novice handbook, bring a decent tire gauge, an air compressor, sunscreen, and some tape to tape the numbers to your car. There are paper numbers available at registration but tape is always in short supply. Make sure to ask for an instructor and if possible take one with you on all your runs your first day.

I do. although I missed out last year because I didn’t have an autocross car.

This year I have a autocross car (miata) that needs some work. If anyone helps me fix it I will let them race it :stuck_out_tongue:

I plan on making it to at least every other event. I read most of the threads on the wny scca forum and I’m pumped.

Also, in the ‘2009 Solo Schedule’ thread, there are no dates for any of the events. Am I retarded, or just retarded? When is the first event?

We are working on it…

About becoming an SCCA member: does that have to be done via the national SCCA website?

We’re trying to wait for final confirmation with ECC North on the dates until we post. As of right now though, the 1st Event is scheduled for May 3rd.

Awesome. Thanks for the info :tup:

Normally it doesn’t have to be done that way, but with our site in a rebuild process, it’s probably the better option.

And where it’s asks for a referral, just put in 363389 :slight_smile:

can we still use the slips from last year? i keep meaning to register as a member but then don’t know how to use the $15 discounts from paying for “temp” memberships?

I don’t believe so. So you may just be better off waiting to sign up until after the 1st event.