WNY-SCCA last two events Sept 18th & Oct 2nd ECC-N

Last two auto-X events for this year.

So if you recently bought a Civic or MR2 that was a previous auto-X car, or a Mini Cooper or S2000 that has reputable poor handling, or have a high mileage “European tuned suspension” BMW that is only capable of doing siq heaterz, or a lightweight Japanese car with a V8 swap, come on out and learn how use the 15" round thing that sits in front of your chest.

wanna drive, bring like $25 ~ $30 bucks or something, and get there by 9 a.m.

wanna watch, that shit is FREE, show up around 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

hungry? try one of my tasty wieners, i’m cheap.

Pre-registration encouraged (but not required) : http://www.wny-scca.com/soloreg/login.php

ECCN - Erie Community College, North Campus
Main Street and Wehrle Drive, Williamsville, NY
Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.961322,-78.722363&spn=0.015232,0.043945&z=15
Enter from Wehrle drive

In for the champagne run.

idk about 18 but defiantly going to one that’s on second

I’ll be there just to make sure those of you who said you were going actually show up. Then when you don’t I’m going to call you names on the internet.

Gonna try for one. Must be clear weather though. Need the t-tops off to fit with those damn helmets. BTW, whats the helmet certification again? Apparently my snowmobile / motorcycle helmet with save me up to 110 mph but no good at 30.

Snell 2005+, there are rentals available for free there.

Yeah, I borrowed last time but it’s just above borrowing condoms. Would like to do some more track events so may end up buying one. Thanks.

It can be an M rated helmet that’s fine. But as mentioned above it must still be snell 2005 or newer.

It’s 2000 or newer. And yeah, M or SA are fine.

I didn’t think SCCA had moved all the way up to 2005 requirement but wasn’t sure so I didn’t say anything. :tup:

I almost want to try one of these just to see if I can get my heavy ass F body to turn some corners

You’d be amazed to see that it will do very well actually. Just because every ricer who drives a civic thinks they can smoke “powerful domestics” in the “twisties” doesn’t actually mean that it’s true. But really, I’ll smoke you in the twisties :).

Nah I’m going to buy car XYZ based on it’s sporty handling prowess, then I’m going to drive back road twisties and on ramps at 4/10ths and think I’m really going fast.

You make it sound like auto-x is the second coming of Jesus Christ, and anyone not doing it is crazy…

not crazy , just posers,

http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/32.gif?12122006 73* and 0%

That’s a pretty outrageous statement…I’ll be sure to call everyone I know this week with a Civic, MR2, Mini Cooper, S2000, and anything else high end and European, to let them know they are all posers if they don’t come out to auto-x…fuck the fact that maybe, just maybe, they might have other things going on in their lives that take some form of precedence on what is likely their only day off…

I’m split between the two of you.

If you have a car and are an auto-enthusiast it’s pretty lame if you’ve never tried autocrossing at least once. It’s a lot of fun and a legitimate place to actually push your car and skills.

At the same time, I can totally see not doing it a ton because the money and time invested is pretty high considering how little actual racing you get to do. $30 and the majority of my Sunday spent working on course for 4 to 7 minutes of actual seat time just isn’t enough return on my investment.

no, not all of them, just the ones that would rather “pose” their car for pictures than drive it.

Well, I have auto-x’ed…multiple times…and I enjoyed it very much. I’d love to have the free time like I once had to do it more, but I don’t. The truth of the matter is I spend every other w/e in NYC with my wife, driving there every time. I spend a lot of time in cars to begin with. Also, the w/e’s that I am in town, I am taking care of my house, teaching tennis, and handling other things that had to wait from the previous w/e when I was gone. In the limited free time I have, if I want to drive my car as I see fit, or take some photos of it, I am going to. But, in doing so, I’m not going to feel like any less of an enthsiast, JUST because I missed the local auto-x event. This thread has a lot of asshole remarks that were just completely unprovoked.

I’ve already covered this topic before:

The “popular” choice of the average “enthusiast” : Is spending $1500 on coilovers, $700 on wheels, just to get the right “stance” and then spending a few hours on the weekend to get siq rolling shots a wise investment?